Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI online loan application

Options
  • 28-03-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am thinking of applying for a car loan with Bank of Ireland using their online loan application. I have never applied or had a loan with BOI in the past so this is the first time doing this. I have filled out the details but haven't submitted yet because I want to know that if I submit and get approval, can I cancel the loan application if I change my mind? Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Talk to BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Wailin wrote: »
    Hi, I am thinking of applying for a car loan with Bank of Ireland using their online loan application. I have never applied or had a loan with BOI in the past so this is the first time doing this.  I have filled out the details but haven't submitted yet because I want to know that if I submit and get approval, can I cancel the loan application if I change my mind? Thanks folks.
    Good Morning Waillin, 

Thanks for posting here on Boards.ie,

After you have been approved you can certainly change your mind, and cancel the application. If you were to change your mind even after the documents have been signed, you have a 14 day 'cooling off' period, which allows you further time to change your mind, and return the loan. I hope this helps and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks,

Evie  

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Good Morning Waillin, 

After you have been approved you can certainly change your mind, and cancel the application. If you were to change your mind even after the documents have been signed, you have a 14 day 'cooling off' period, which allows you further time to change your mind, and return the loan. I hope this helps and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks,

Evie  

Ah that's great, thank you for the response Evie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

divadte2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently applied for a loan and received the following in an email this morning

"[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you for your recent loan application. I am pleased to confirm that you have been conditionally approved for your loan.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]We attach a Loan Pack that includes a letter to you, your Standard European Consumer Credit Information (or SECCI) and your Credit Agreement.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]We have sent you a text message containing a password to open your Loan Pack. Please read your Loan Pack carefully.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Great News! If you are registered for 365 online, you will have an additional option to accept this loan. Within 24 hours you will receive a loan drawdown notification text inviting you to log into 365 online and follow the instructions provided onscreen."[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I have not received a text re: logging onto 365online but am wondering, if this is the case,will I still need to send back signed documents or will an online acceptance suffice for funds transfer?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks in advance,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]D[/font]
    Good Afternoon divadte2, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. These texts are usually received after the close of business of the day the email is sent. If it is passed this time frame you can call our Lending department on 0818200334 who will check you are eligible to do this online login, this line is available from 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with, 

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Hi, I am thinking of applying for a car loan with Bank of Ireland using their online loan application. I have never applied or had a loan with BOI in the past so this is the first time doing this.  I have filled out the details but haven't submitted yet because I want to know that if I submit and get approval, can I cancel the loan application if I change my mind? Thanks folks.
    Good Morning Waillin, 

Thanks,

Evie  
    Hi I was approved a loan for a car and received the drawdown in my account yesterday. I now wish to buy a car significantly cheaper than what the loan was for. Can I amend the loan or do I have to cancel and reapply for a new loan with a lower amount and smaller payments? If so, how do I cancel the current loan? Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good Morning Waillin, 

Thanks,

Evie  
    Hi I was approved a loan for a car and received the drawdown in my account yesterday. I now wish to buy a car significantly cheaper than what the loan was for. Can I amend the loan or do I have to cancel and reapply for a new loan with a lower amount and smaller payments? If so, how do I cancel the current loan? Many thanks.
    Hi Waillin, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please contact our BOI Finance team on 1890 664466 and a representative will be happy to advise you on your specific loan amendment or cancellation. This phone line is available 8.30am - 5.30 Monday to Friday. 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

Advertisement