Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving out medical info

Options
  • 28-03-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I think this is the right place for this but in my drug induced state I'm most likely wrong.

Is it legal for a hospital to give out incorrect medical information to a 3rd party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Is the issue they gave out medical info or that it was incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

That they have given out information is what has pissed me off, I have a NOK on my list that looks like its been completely ignored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Why would they be giving your info to a 3rd party in the first place?

I don't know, the person in question said she was my aunt and was told everything on my file.
    It only came to light when it got back to my wife who asked why I hadn't told her I had x,y and z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They shouldn't be giving out info to anyone at all, no matter who they said they are. Sounds like some family issues you need to look into too? Contact the hospital and ask to speak to someone who can answer the obvious q. PS I thought NOK was only able to get access if you cant be talked to/insane/dead etc

Advertisement