Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Button Suit Jacket

• 28-03-2016 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Saw some lovely priced suits which include a shirt and tie, however I noticed that the suit jacket only has one button.

I'm a trainee solicitor and as such don't want to be making bad impressions in an office environment.

Would a one button suit jacket be ok to wear to the office? Am I being too conscious? As I said the suit is a good price and fits well.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Depends on where you're working really. Is it a more traditional working environment or a modern one? What is the age profile of the partners etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

It would be more traditional. There is one young partner but most of them would be 50+ in age.

I am probably over thinking it. I would take the jacket off in work and anyway I never close the jacket so people probably wouldn't even notice. I just felt that it wouldn't really be for work, and more for a wedding/ball/dinner dance thing, it's a very fashionable type of suit.

The suit in question for anyone who wants to know, obviously I wouldn't be taking the waistcoat:

http://www.mossbros.ie/moss-london-slim-fit-charcoal-mix-and-match-jacket-965231528

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Nice tin of fruit.

The description says it's two button fastening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Got it instore, maybe it wasn't that exact one as I got suit, shirt and tie for €139. Same make though, and one button jacket.

No one in the office seemed to notice or care so happy out with that deal and seems to be a decent enough suit.

Advertisement