Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season dates

Options
  • 28-03-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hiya, can anyone tell me please what dates the season starts on this.

I'm going to be in America the 2nd week in November with my girlfriend and want to see a game if possible.

I've been googling but can't find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

plaiboi wrote: »
    Hiya, can anyone tell me please what dates the season starts on this.

I'm going to be in America the 2nd week in November with my girlfriend and want to see a game if possible.

I've been googling but can't find out.

Regular season runs from April to end of September.

Playoffs are the month of October with the world series finishing around Halloween.

So it's all over by November

• Registered Users Posts: 33 plaiboi

Ah thank you for that,

do you know about any of the other American sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Well the NFL and college football is in full swing then, and both the basketball and ice hockey season will have just started.

Just look for the local teams on the place you are going

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah thank you for that,

do you know about any of the other American sports?

NBA will be in full swing by then. Where are you heading to? NFL season will be on also but tickets for games are incredibly expensive. Though, if you're in an area that has an NFL team who are doing poorly, they might actually lower prices.

Depends on where you're heading though.

Hiya,

It's New York I'm going to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hiya,

It's New York I'm going to

Plenty of choice then in mid November.

The NFL season will be in full swing then so one of either the Giants or Jets should be at home (although they play in New Jersey but it's fairly accessible I'm led to believe).

There are also 2 NBA teams (Knicks at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan and the Nets in Brooklyn) and their season will be a couple of weeks old by then. I'd go with an NHL game if I was you though. They're great fun I've found. 2 choices here too (Rangers at MSG and Islanders in Brooklyn). They start in October I think so one of them is bound to have a home game when you're there.

Ah thank you that's brilliant news. Thanksa million for that

Advertisement