Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Deposit Request (Already paid and now switching to Direct Debit )

Options
  • 28-03-2016 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello

I moved to a new apartment, and with so many things to arrange I forgot to set up Direct Debit in my electricity account. Then I received a letter saying he had a security deposit to be paid € 300 (warning it was overdue). With no time to research the matter, I paid to prevent any break on the service. 

But this weekend, reading about it, I discovered that the security Deposit is not required if you opt for Direct Debit. At the time I thought the deposit it was a requirement in any case.

I prefer Direct Debit. And I will set up to this option. However before doing that I have a question: 

After choosing direct debit, this value (€ 300) will return to my bank account? How will it work? 

In my bank account has already been deducted the € 300, but due to the holidays (I guess) in the Electric Ireland account is still saying that I owe this amount. I'm afraid to turn on the DD and give a problem with the system. Like... It may cancel the charge but the value remain retained anyway.

All my best regards to the team.
    I posted my doubt here because talking about it... Its seems to be a common question from some friends and colleges... And I did not find a specific answer to particular case in the forum treads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Daniel1000,

Thanks for your post.
    Daniel1000 wrote:
    I discovered that the security Deposit is not required if you opt for Direct Debit. At the time I thought the deposit it was a requirement in any case.

After choosing direct debit, this value (€ 300) will return to my bank account? How will it work?

Yes, the security deposit is not a requirement if you sign up for direct debit. If you have already paid the security deposit, your Electric Ireland account will be credited with the €300 when you activate the direct debit. If you wish you can leave this credit on your account to offset it against future bills, or you can request it in the form of a cheque refund.

If you would like us to look into this for you, please send us a private message with the following details:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daniel1000

Thank you David for your answer and help. I got it now. I changed my account to Direct Debit and It the value already become a credit in my energy account. The refund in check takes how long? 

I must pay a enrollment this week. Not to get my balance below the value that I find safe, would prefer a refund, but if it is a long process I would leave as credit.

All my best regards
    Daniel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Daniel1000,

Happy to be of assistance. :)
    Daniel1000 wrote:
    The refund in check takes how long?

You would need to allow at least 10 working days to receive a cheque refund by post. Depending on how you originally made the security deposit payment, we may be able to process the refund by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). This tends to be processed more quickly, but you would still need to allow the same timeframe.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daniel1000

Ok... got it. I paid the deposit via debit card... in a online operation on the Electric Ireland website... It apply the EFT?

Well, I think I'd rather get a refund because my power consumption is very low, easy to control. Can you help me with that?

I will forward my data (like you asked above) via PM. 

Daniel

Advertisement