Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options
  • 28-03-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Have anyone gotten their mock results back? How do you find the papers? For the mock results I have back now (I don't have them all back) I got,

Irish (59%)
    Maths (62%)
    History (82%)
    Geography (81%)
    Science (65%)
    CSPE (94%)
    Technology (84%)
    Business (75%)

They aren't my best and to be honest, I really didn't do a whole lot of study for the mocks. I would like to bring most scores up at least one grade. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

ali165 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Have anyone gotten their mock results back? How do you find the papers? For the mock results I have back now (I don't have them all back) I got,

Irish (59%)
    Maths (62%)
    History (82%)
    Geography (81%)
    Science (65%)
    CSPE (94%)
    Technology (84%)
    Business (75%)

They aren't my best and to be honest, I really didn't do a whole lot of study for the mocks. I would like to bring most scores up at least one grade. Any advice?

These are decent results but you know that you can do even better. For science, do every question in the exam papers. You will be surprised how repetitive they are, especially the calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishpisces123

I actually did terrible on my mocks, I was so disappointed but I knew I did badly, didn't study a whole lot.
    Irish(46)
    French(62)
    English(66)
    cspe(89)
    Maths(53)
    History(74)
    Art(70)
    Geography(69)
    Homeconomics(49)
    Science(55)
    Religion(70)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You didn't fail anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jaytynan

Irish(HL) 40%
    Maths(OL) 93%
    English(HL) 77%
    Scince(HL) 43%
    History(HL) 55%
    geography(HL) 57%
    Business(HL) 60%
    CSPE 95%
    French(HL) 87%
    Home-ec(HL) 59%

I did quite bad, didn't study apart from french and i'm trying my VERY hardest now, it's never too late. My teachers have even commented on my improvement... Try your best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Math: 72%
    English: 67%
    Science: 82%
    Business: 83%
    History: 77%
    German: 56%
    Geography: 93%
    Art: B
    Irish(Ordinary Level): 64%
    CSPE: 95%

This was without any real studying, i hope to push Math, Science and business up to an A, as we wernt done the course on any of these subjects at the time.

I always struggled with languages and im really hating German, i plan not to take it as a subject for leaving cert as i dont need it for any college course im interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mine

English (OL): 71%
    Maths (HL): 49%
    Irish (HL): 71%
    Geography (HL): 66%
    History (OL): 81%
    French (HL): 51%
    CSPE: 89%
    Science (HL): 38% (my only fail ever in my life)
    Business Studies (HL): 61%
    Music (HL): 64%

I know they're absolutely appalling results :(.

I struggled with History HL despite what my teacher said and I dropped to OL for the mock and this improved my mark A LOT. I have been OL English since the start of 2nd year as I have major difficulties with it - though for some reason, I got 78% in my 1st year Summer exam on a HL test (from a 52% Xmas exam before). I am struggling with Maths HL and I put HL for it down on my official levels paper BUT, I really do find it difficult. There are only two reasons I do HL Maths:

- Bonus points on LC
    - Meteorology (I might want to do meteorology - since I have had a big interest in weather for a long time)

I am really hoping to improve my Maths result. I would love to improve my French - I just have really bad listening skills - like I only got 44/140 on my listening mock - which is why mark is quite low for it. This is the same case in Irish, I got 16/40 on my listening. However, I am happy with my Irish result.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Mine

English (OL): 71%
    Maths (HL): 49%
    Irish (HL): 71%
    Geography (HL): 66%
    History (OL): 81%
    French (HL): 51%
    CSPE: 89%
    Science (HL): 38% (my only fail ever in my life)
    Business Studies (HL): 61%
    Music (HL): 64%

I know they're absolutely appalling results :(.

I struggled with History HL despite what my teacher said and I dropped to OL for the mock and this improved my mark A LOT. I have been OL English since the start of 2nd year as I have major difficulties with it - though for some reason, I got 78% in my 1st year Summer exam on a HL test (from a 52% Xmas exam before). I am struggling with Maths HL and I put HL for it down on my official levels paper BUT, I really do find it difficult. There are only two reasons I do HL Maths:

- Bonus points on LC
    - Meteorology (I might want to do meteorology - since I have had a big interest in weather for a long time)

I am really hoping to improve my Maths result. I would love to improve my French - I just have really bad listening skills - like I only got 44/140 on my listening mock - which is why mark is quite low for it. This is the same case in Irish, I got 16/40 on my listening. However, I am happy with my Irish result.

If i were you i would try me hardest to stay in HL Math for Leaving cert, 50% in HL Math is better than 100% in Ordinary Math, If you can keep at it, it will pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

English:79
    Maths:83
    Irish:91
    Spanish:97
    History:78
    Geography:87
    Business:93
    Science:78
    Music:82
    CSPE:100
    All honours 😊 But I'm hoping to push English science history and maths up since three were marked badly and I made a load of stupid mistakes in the other cause I didn't read it properly

Advertisement