Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Trip New York to Savannah

Options
  • 28-03-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

We'll be driving (1 week) from NYC to Savannah (via attending a concert in Tin Pan, Richmond, VA) in late April. I would be delighted to hear of any tips/ stop offs to consider along the way :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Washington DC would be the Big one, and you could spend days there. I'd splash out and get a hotel as central as you can.

Charleston is supposed to be really pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

The capital is the obvious choice and although I am naturally biased it is a truly great city. Far too many things to mention so here's a link:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/03/in-defense-of-dc/475614/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Washington DC would be the Big one, and you could spend days there. I'd splash out and get a hotel as central as you can.

Charleston is supposed to be really pretty.

Sure thing DC and yes we're heading to Charleston too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Charleston is a beautiful city. Very old charm Southern. At least it will not be too hot there. I visited in July and it was so humid and sticky. Take one of the boat tours around the harbour, really enjoyed that. Enjoy your time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Charleston is a beautiful city. Very old charm Southern. At least it will not be too hot there. I visited in July and it was so humid and sticky. Take one of the boat tours around the harbour, really enjoyed that. Enjoy your time there.

The boat trip sounds like a great idea :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement