Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub teaching with English qualification

Options
  • 28-03-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently living and teaching in England (mod lang) having trained here last year. In Jan I am moving further afield but am contemplating what to do in the intervening period. Obviously my two main options are stay put and find work or come home and find work. Or some mix of the two.
    My question is, is it even possible? Would I have to get my qualification recognised? How much do sub teachers even earn in Ireland?
    Friends keep telling me to come home permanently and the job scene for Second level teachers is improving (is this true?) so it might be a good way to test the waters. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My advice would be to stay where you are.

Advertisement