Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours alarm going off for 3 days

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I would agree with both Butters and Flatzie above.

On one hand, you should not have to say anything. No one wants to saying "here, what are you bloody doing?" to a neighbour and maybe falling out. Life's too short. Besides you might need a favor sometime.

But on the other hand give an inch take a mile. Personally, I wouldn't care too much about someone trying to claim a communal parking spot. But if I was annoyed with an alarm going off for days and I didn't even get a knock on the door to either ask how long it was going on for / sorry about that. Then yeah, I would be annoyed. Words would have to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

It is a bizzare view that its better to build up resentment for your neighbour rather then just say it to them because of a presumption they are not going to care.

Her neighbour reserving a spot does not make her a bad person or unapproachable. It really doenst say an awful lot about her one way or another and the writes and wrongs of doing that are debatable.

Nice touch on the old school 'posting seniority' card, hadn't seen that on boards in years!!! I do enjoy the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It finally went off Tuesday night

That's a serious disruption, it happens where I live once in a while and it's very irritating. I've been lucky the last few times as I've had to go down the country. There needs to be legislation to clarify who's responsibility it is and what action can be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

On one hand, you should not have to say anything. No one wants to saying "here, what are you bloody doing?" to a neighbour and maybe falling out. Life's too short. Besides you might need a favor sometime.

You do realise there's a world of difference between a friendly word with someone and "Here, what are you bloody doing?", right???

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

No not really. If you have to confront someone because they're being a d*** then they're being a d***. Not everyone feels comfortable doing that and they shouldn't have to.

This isn't a toddler or a dog. The 'but you're allowing them to do it' argument doesn't fly.

No, not really, you don't have to confront someone to do this. You simply walk outside, and remove the wheelie bin from the communal parking space...

• Advertisement
Advertisement