Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schooling swords

Options
  • 28-03-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me how the eductation system works around these parts? I live in Holywell and obviously the closest to me is Educate Together where I had put my son down to enrol when he was one. he is now 3.

But how does it work generally if I wanted to send him somewhere else? Are there catchment areas or can I just send him to somewhere in Malahide or how does it work?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Each school sets its enrolment policy, which determines the order they accept children if they are oversubscribed.

Some schools have a catchment area, they set themselves as part of the policy.

The schools around Lusk usually open their enrollment sometime in January for a few weeks, when you can apply for example. I don't think any of them have a multi year waiting list, but other schools might, if it is part of their stated enrollment policy.

In Short, you can apply to any school, when they are accepting applications.
    Contact the school you're thinking of directly ( but not this week obviously...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know schools won't offer places to children from other areas until they've taken all the children within their catchment area who need a place, and that makes sense. So it would depend on whether there were spare places in the school you want to send your child to.

There's a Primary & Preschool forum on Boards, you might get more help there http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1022

Advertisement