Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Factor UK 2016

• 28-03-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kicked off with news that Dermot O’Leary is officially back as host.

Sharon Osbourne could also be back according to some media reports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Room auditions are back too.

All we need now is Louis and we're back in business....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Good lord how does this tripe still get commissioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Good lord how does this tripe still get commissioned.

I take it you're not a fan?

In fairness, it's the final year of the X Factor contract and is unlikely to be renewed for 2017, given declining viewing figures. ITV have poached 'The Voice' from the BBC, so that'll probably replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I take it you're not a fan?

In fairness, it's the final year of the X Factor contract and is unlikely to be renewed for 2017, given declining viewing figures. ITV have poached 'The Voice' from the BBC, so that'll probably replace it.

Correct, I'm not a fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu Walsh has to be back

Apparently Cheryl wants her 1D man Liam also on judging panel but Simon wants 1D's Louis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Apparently Cheryl wants her 1D man Liam also on judging panel but Simon wants 1D's Louis

Is that a real relationship I wonder, or a last ditch effort to revive an ailing X Factor? I can see them 'breaking up' just around the time auditions start, to generate a bit of interest in poor fragile Cheryl. Maybe even reconciling once viewing figures drop a few weeks in.
    Perhaps I'm being a tad cynical.
    In any case, I'll be watching from behind the sofa as usual :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The tabloids claimed last month that both XF's and BGT's contracts looked set to be renewed until 2019.

And ITV's Peter Fincham never ruled out renewing these contracts. If anything, he seemed eager to do so.

Peter_Fincham__dir_3420309b.jpg

However... he has now decided to leave ITV. And his successor, Kevin Lygo, doesn't seem quite as eager to renew these contracts - though he hasn't ruled out the possibility either.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/02/itv-lacks-x-factor-channel-suffers-lowest-ever-audience-share

lygo_kevin_cambridge_2015.jpg?itok=02xVsRUx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Simon, Louis, Cheryl, Sharon panel?

fr336 wrote: »
    Simon, Louis, Cheryl, Sharon panel?

Blimey, that would be the first time since 2007 that all three original judges were on the panel... :eek: :D

Dannii was the fourth judge that year, of course - and remains the best judge ever (sorry, Louis fans). :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Blimey, that would be the first time since 2007 that all three original judges were on the panel... :eek: :D

Dannii was the fourth judge that year, of course - and remains the best judge ever (sorry, Louis fans). :D;)

I would love to see Dannii, Sharon, Louis and Simon back on the panel. Throw in a few novelty acts* and X Factor could bow out on a high. :D

*I reserve the right to moan about the novelty acts if they do get through.

Room auditions are back too.

All we need now is Louis and we're back in business....

Hopefully the 6 Chair challenge (?) is gone. Didn't like that at all.

Speaking of Dannii, she certainly has a knack for winning first time out - and for mentoring future Eurovision acts. ;)

Leon and Rhydian were the final two in '07, of course (although it's likely that many still maintain to this day that the wrong one won), and then in '08 she mentored Ruth Lorenzo - who did quite well for Spain in Copenhagen two years ago.

And on her first go at Aussie XF in '13, she mentored Dami Im - who not only won, but will be performing in Stockholm in a few weeks' time. ;)

The tabloids claimed last month that both XF's and BGT's contracts looked set to be renewed until 2019.

And ITV's Peter Fincham never ruled out renewing these contracts. If anything, he seemed eager to do so.

However... he has now decided to leave ITV. And his successor, Kevin Lygo, doesn't seem quite as eager to renew these contracts - though he hasn't ruled out the possibility either.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/02/itv-lacks-x-factor-channel-suffers-lowest-ever-audience-share

Here's what Kev said today:

"ITV Director of Television Kevin Lygo said, “ITV has an enviable raft of entertainment formats, and a fantastic range of talented presenters. The X Factor, and Dermot, are an important part of the ITV Family, and we're really looking forward to welcoming them back to our screens this Autumn."

He'll recommission it alright, in a package with BGT; ideally I bet he'd like to wait until the ratings this year but sadly Cowell won't allow it the crafty git! :D

article-1180928-01BB74BB0000044D-108_224x423.jpg

jon%20clegg%20simon%20laughing_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Delighted Dermot is back! Although I thought he had vowed not to return (?!)

And God damn, I had vowed not to watch this year.....might have to change my mind now....damn you Dermot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Louis is reporting to be coming back!!! *squeal*

Yeah I'm pretending last year never happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0331/778478-louis-walsh-will-return-to-the/

Fingers crossed :D:D:D

Now if only Dannii Minogue would return...that would be the real dream team!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/7038968/Louis-Walsh-to-return-to-The-X-Factor.html

The Sun is normally spot on with its X Factor stories/rumours. Hopefully this one is right. :D

I think part of me has lost respect for Dermot and Louis for returning, oh wait did I have any to start with for them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Respect? i have a ton of respect for Dermot, he clearly wants to punish himself some more. lol

• Advertisement

Guess who's back...no not Dermot...

X-Factor1.jpg

Aw, jeez - I go to the Beeb's website to see what it has to say about these rumours regarding Louis, only to find that Ronnie Corbett has died. :(:(:(

(I know he had nothing to do with XF whatsoever, but even so...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was delighted when I heard Dermot was returning. I will watch now that he is going to be back!

Possibly a Simon, Louis, Sharon, someone else line-up this year. Would be most interesting panel in a while I'd say - Sharon's 2013 return was alright but her and Louis always got on; they and Simon had a better chemistry both good and bad. Sharon and Simon of course haven't worked together for 9 years!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cheryl-set-leave-x-factor-7679660

I bet ITV were the ones who insisted on new presenters last year lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Anyone see Olly Murs on who shot Simon Cowell last night ? He admitted to shooting Simon in a parody of announcing the wrong act on the xfactor.

Fingers crossed the talks don't go well and she leaves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cheryl-set-leave-x-factor-7679660

Anyone see Olly Murs on who shot Simon Cowell last night ? He admitted to shooting Simon in a parody of announcing the wrong act on the xfactor.

Easily the funniest bit of the whole thing.

So Cheryl has confirmed she's leaving!

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Maybe its because Simon dosnt want her boyfriend on the panel

Great she is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:eek:

About time

Ding dong...

Jumped before she was pushed. A great judge in her first run, awful in her second. Believed her own hype to say the least.

I'm looking forward to Sharon and Louis ripping the piss out of Simon again. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Sharon and Louis ripping the piss out of Simon again. Hopefully.

I might even start watching it again if they are back.

I might even start watching it again if they are back.

The originals were personally my favourite years taking everything into account. The three of them had personality and chemistry and there was a lot of fun and comedy. Sure there are elements which came later which were much better e.g. the acts :p (some of them), Dermot, the show being more glossy etc. But I felt it was more fun in the very early days.

Nicole also rumoured to be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nicole also rumoured to be back

Oh please god,no.

I didn't mind Nicole. Schmazing :D

And if it wasn't for Nicole we wouldn't have Rylan. Louis is the only other judge who would have put him through to the lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ah lads, Sharon, Louis and Dermot back, Cheryl and Grimmy fecking off (please, please let Rita Ora be gone too)... Officially cannot wait for this year's series <3

If you're Irish get yourself to The X Factor auditions - with Louis back who knows how far you could go :D

Laura Whitmore and Rylan rumoured for Xtra Factor

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Laura Whitmore and Rylan rumoured for Xtra Factor

Rylan is rumoured every year haha. Laura whitmore would be a good choice.

Rylan would be great, he's brilliant on BBBOTS. Wonder could they poach him. Or he could do both I guess, Emma does that and The Voice.

http://www.shemazing.net/louis-walsh-pretty-much-gave-away-the-x-factor-judges-last-night/?_fbt=shd

According to Louis, the panel will be him, Simon, Sharon and either Nicole or Rita.

Nicole please!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Am I the only one who doesn't want Sharon back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh I would love if Rylan was doing the Xtra Factor!

Loughc wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't want Sharon back?

I don't either, I couldn't stand her in her last season. She makes everything about herself. Would rather Cheryl than her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't either, I couldn't stand her in her last season. She makes everything about herself. Would rather Cheryl than her!

I don't mind Cheryl either to be honest, Sharon isn't my favourite but I don't mind her in comparison to Rita - there's just something false about her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement