Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2016

1202203204205206208»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    :ermm: nope, honey g can feck off now

Well since her debut single didn't even reach the top 100, it's likely she will be fecking off...good riddance. Simon Cowell really took the public for idiots pushing this ridiculous act and her crap single. Delighted it flopped, although can't help but feel a little sorry for her as I'm sure she was promised this that and the other by the record label. At least she has CBB to make a few quid for herself. It'll be interesting to see if she stops with the silly facade and shows the real her...that's the only way she'll get the public on-side IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Honey G single being a "massive fail" isn't a surprise at all - people kept voting for her in the competition to wind people up for the 'entertainment' factor - Simon foolishly bought into it and signed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Well since her debut single didn't even reach the top 100, it's likely she will be fecking off...good riddance. Simon Cowell really took the public for idiots pushing this ridiculous act and her crap single. Delighted it flopped, although can't help but feel a little sorry for her as I'm sure she was promised this that and the other by the record label. At least she has CBB to make a few quid for herself. It'll be interesting to see if she stops with the silly facade and shows the real her...that's the only way she'll get the public on-side IMO.

Praise the lord for good things :D can't believe simon Cowell was stupid enough to sign her in the first place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is usually a limit to how much people will take of being taken for mugs.

They will go along with many things as they are funny etc but it is important not to rub peoples noses in it.

IMO, the clear pushing of HG throughout the XF, topping off with her getting a slot to sing at the finals when the public had only just voted her out, went too far and HG went from being a finger in the eye of Cowen and the XF to now being activily part of it and being pushed at us led to her crashing.

I don't know if she would have achieved success at all regardless but it pretty much meant she couldn't.

Compare her to Jedward. They had similar levels of 'talent' but Louis handled them far better, allowing them to focus a key market and the 'songs' were of minor importance. They remained outside the control of the music business (at least superficially).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Leroy42 wrote: »
    There is usually a limit to how much people will take of being taken for mugs.

They will go along with many things as they are funny etc but it is important not to rub peoples noses in it.

IMO, the clear pushing of HG throughout the XF, topping off with her getting a slot to sing at the finals when the public had only just voted her out, went too far and HG went from being a finger in the eye of Cowen and the XF to now being activily part of it and being pushed at us led to her crashing.

I don't know if she would have achieved success at all regardless but it pretty much meant she couldn't.

Compare her to Jedward. They had similar levels of 'talent' but Louis handled them far better, allowing them to focus a key market and the 'songs' were of minor importance. They remained outside the control of the music business (at least superficially).

Jedward are miles more talented than Honey G. Their hyperactive teenybopper image aside,they can actually sing and can play instruments and write. But I agree they were handled much better also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

jedward are still going after 8 years. and they actually have talents. i'm almost certain my 2009 self would horrified that i'm actually defending jedward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I meant talent in the traditional, best singers, winners of XF type.

They have talent for self promotion but nothing you could class as anything other than low level talent in terms of music.

But I'm not having a go at them, respect for what they achieved.

My point was that there is a market for the anti music industry type act. People are willing to give those a chance partly because they appreciate their efforts but also because they are the opposite of what the music industry tells us we want.

HG fell off that when it so clear that she was being pushed hard by Cowell and the rest of the judges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

kitten_k wrote: »

I loved the X Factor more than the main show.Especially wiht Rylan and Matt.It was great craic.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

This is my first post on this thread in three months - which just goes to show how much my interest in XF has declined.

Indeed, I couldn't even bring myself to give a toss when the winner was announced... :o:o:o

It hardly needs to be said that bringing Dermot, Louis, Sharon and Nicole back didn't have much of a positive effect on the viewing figures, if indeed at all: some episodes didn't even attract 5 million viewers (excluding HD, +1 and catch-up), and the final was the least-watched yet by quite a distance.

In stark contrast, Strictly had its most-watched series and final yet - with every episode attracting at least 8.9 million viewers, and Ore Oduba's win exciting nearly twice as many people as Matt Terry's. And these are not exaggerations.

But of course, it's not going to stop XF from returning later this year - and the year after, and the year after that. Syco terminating the current contract is about as likely as Trump becoming a Democrat, and ITV aren't particularly willing to terminate the contract either despite now having The Voice.

From now on, I'll probably only be interested in the genuinely surprising developments. Like Xtra supposedly coming to its natural end, despite just about everyone liking Rylan and Matt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

GHG you only have about 10% of the emojis in your post that you usually have :( You ok?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Syco terminating the current contract is about as likely as Trump becoming a Democrat

A loose analogy perhaps:

Trump was a democrat for most of his life

Most people in the mid-nineties were surprised that he became a republican

It's almost like he's a blatant opportunist - surely not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

This is my first post on this thread in three months - which just goes to show how much my interest in XF has declined.

Indeed, I couldn't even bring myself to give a toss when the winner was announced... :o:o:o

It hardly needs to be said that bringing Dermot, Louis, Sharon and Nicole back didn't have much of a positive effect on the viewing figures, if indeed at all: some episodes didn't even attract 5 million viewers (excluding HD, +1 and catch-up), and the final was the least-watched yet by quite a distance.

In stark contrast, Strictly had its most-watched series and final yet - with every episode attracting at least 8.9 million viewers, and Ore Oduba's win exciting nearly twice as many people as Matt Terry's. And these are not exaggerations.

But of course, it's not going to stop XF from returning later this year - and the year after, and the year after that. Syco terminating the current contract is about as likely as Trump becoming a Democrat, and ITV aren't particularly willing to terminate the contract either despite now having The Voice.

From now on, I'll probably only be interested in the genuinely surprising developments. Like Xtra supposedly coming to its natural end, despite just about everyone liking Rylan and Matt...

Agreed! I don't think I ever saw any negative comments about the Xtra Factor this year. I think it was the first year in a long time that I watched most of the Xtra Factor from the audition stage, because it was a live show and Rylan and Matt were good presenters that didn't take themselves or the show too seriously and had a good rapport with each other. Shame it's been axed now, I doubt the online version will attract that much interest tbh, especially when the ratings for the main show keep steadily dropping and don't look like they will ever be on the rise again.

GHG you only have about 10% of the emojis in your post that you usually have :( You ok?

:p

I'm perfectly fine, thanks for asking. :D:);)

I used more than 10% - you're allowed up to 15 emojis and I used three in that post. :D:D;);)

ads20101 wrote: »
    A loose analogy perhaps:

Trump was a democrat for most of his life

Most people in the mid-nineties were surprised that he became a republican

It's almost like he's a blatant opportunist - surely not

I actually didn't know until now that he was a Democrat once... :o:o

He'll surely be a Republican for the rest of his life, though. :D;)

Getting back on topic...

Rylan, Matt and Caroline have all paid tribute to Xtra - with Rylan even going so far as to propose a wake. (Fair play to him for name-checking all the presenters, too.) :D;)

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/19/rylan-clark-neal-proposes-a-wake-as-x-factors-spin-off-show-the-xtra-factor-is-axed-6390412/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Delighted to see this piece of turd axed....and the X Factor to follow please god

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Delighted to see this piece of turd axed....and the X Factor to follow please god

Not until 2019 at the earliest, alas. :o :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Sada Vidoo is competing in the national selection of Denmark for Eurovision 2017!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

dogcat wrote: »
    Sada Vidoo is competing in the national selection of Denmark for Eurovision 2017!

Surprise surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

dogcat wrote:

I actually loved her, was so mad when she wasn't picked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm legit in bits over Xtra Factor being axed :(:(:( it was so good last year!! Miles better than the actual show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Honey G looks young

honey-g-before-and-after.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That can not be her :eek:

Advertisement