Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I feel I should point out that not many people paid a great deal of attention to Xtra last year (or so it seems).

It will more than likely be the complete opposite if Rylan hosts it, though. :D;)

I used to watch BBOTS because of Rylan. I didn't care whether I had seen BB or not :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

It might just be watchable now.Wonder if Louis now hes had the year off will have thought up some new sayings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

dubstarr wrote: »
    It might just be watchable now.Wonder if Louis now hes had the year off will have thought up some new sayings.

Not a hope. We will have plenty of "You're going to be huge", You're going to be a star", "You remind me of a young ...".:pac::D That's what we love about Louis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Never watch this show anymore but the best bit i ever saw was Susan Boyle. That to me was X Factor at its pinnacle a genuine amazing find. How can this show keep on going when its so ridiculously staged now both from auditions and panel. Every person on the stage is completely fake and playing to there own agenda. I heard its the last season hope they let this dinosaur die now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Never watch this show anymore but the best bit i ever saw was Susan Boyle. That to me was X Factor at its pinnacle a genuine amazing find. How can this show keep on going when its so ridiculously staged now both from auditions and panel. Every person on the stage is completely fake and playing to there own agenda. I heard its the last season hope they let this dinosaur die now.

Susan Boyle was never on X Factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Susan Boyle was never on X Factor.
    Lol ya that was Britain's Got Talent more or less the same anyway you get what i trying to say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17 josh_96

Surely the xfactor hasn't got much legs left at this stage, it should of ended about 5 or 6 years ago, i know itv will be showing the voice uk from 2017 onwards maybe the end is near for cowell and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not a hope. We will have plenty of "You're going to be huge", You're going to be a star", "You remind me of a young ...".:pac::D That's what we love about Louis.

You're a born pop star :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You're a born pop star :p

You look like a pop star, you sound like a pop star!

You're only [insert young age here]!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Britans got talent has gotten rubbish aswell.

Nicky Byrne's name now in frame for Xtra Factor too

Oh i wouldnt mind him,a bit of male eyecandy for a change,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Am I hearing things, or is that the sound of a barrel being scraped...? :o:o:o:D;)

Even I'm in favour of Rylan hosting Xtra now. And that's something considering how much I hated him not all that long ago...

Ah i love Rylan,hes a great presenter.

Time to rank the Xtra presenters again... but this time in the style of the Championship, League One and League Two. :o:o:o:D;)

I think many of us can agree that Holly would occupy an automatic promotion place - hardly any bad words were said about her during her two years on the show.

Caroline and Olly, meanwhile, would be in the play-off spots, closely followed by Matt. Ms Flack was there for three years, of course, and formed good double acts with both men (though the less said about the first act on the main show last year, the better), but perhaps none of them were quite as popular as Holly was.

Ben would be mid-table, having been at or near the top for so long (well, he did host the first three years). Fearne, Konnie and Sarah-Jane would be looking over their shoulders at the relegation places - all three lasted just the one year, and none of them were particularly popular (although it could be argued that Sarah-Jane was treated rather harshly, being considerably less experienced than the other two).

And poor Rochelle and Melvin would be struggling to get out of these places. Nice as they are, the simple fact of the matter is that hardly anybody noticed them last year... :o:o

If I was to make predictions for potential presenters, then Rylan would probably be in the play-off spots at least, while Laura Whitmore would probably be mid-table and Nicky Byrne would do well to avoid relegation.

Anyone else want to have a go at this? :o:D;)

Caroline and Olly were fine on the Xtra Factor. It was when they moved to the main show that things fell apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Nicole Scherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh back for the next series.
    www.itv.com/xfactor/

Nicole Scherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh back for the next series.
    www.itv.com/xfactor/

Oh happy days. :D:D:D

How long will it take for Sharon to throw a glass of water over Louis? I predict the second audition show.

Simon will have a nightmare keeping those three under control. :D It will be mayhem.

Already less than three months to go to the new series. No wonder people say life's too short... :eek: :eek: :o:o:D:D

So, as expected, all three original judges are back together for the first time since 2007 - while Sharon's making history by becoming the first judge to return twice (having of course first done so in 2013).

Inevitably, some people aren't impressed - including the show's inaugural winner...

https://twitter.com/stevebrookstein/status/737904858888589312

There's also much talk of the average age of the line-up being close to 55 (Louis and Sharon are both 63, Simon's 56, and even Nicole's already 37 - some twelve years older than Rita, and also significantly older than Cheryl and Nick).

One thing none of us can disagree on, though, is the fact that we've come full circle. After all, Simon was replaced by Gary was replaced by Simon, Louis was replaced by Nick was replaced by Louis, and Sharon was replaced by Cheryl was replaced by Tulisa was replaced by Sharon was replaced by Cheryl was replaced by Sharon... :D:D

• Advertisement

... while Sharon's making history by becoming the first judge to return twice (having of course first done so in 2013).

Technically Louis has returned twice also. He was replaced by Brian Friedman in 2007 and subsequently replaced Brian during the audition stage. Louis was then replaced by Nick Grimshaw in 2015 but is returning again this year. :P

Technically Louis has returned twice also. He was replaced by Brian Friedman in 2007 and subsequently replaced Brian during the audition stage. Louis was then replaced by Nick Grimshaw in 2015 but is returning again this year. :P

I stand corrected. :o:D;)

That also means that Brian was the first American judge on the show, rather than Kelly Rowland.

Easy to forget, given how little time he spent in the role... :D;)

https://twitter.com/stevebrookstein/status/737904858888589312

Steve Brookstein slagging off X Factor to save his dying career.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dubstarr wrote: »
    Steve Brookstein slagging off X Factor to save his dying career.

His career is already dead. You can hire him to do a two hour set for £250.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh jeez that man needs to give it up and be grateful he can get a gig or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Hi does anyone have any idea when the irish hopefuls that goes through in the 3atena this year will hear if they are going any further thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Preview of new series. ;)

Radio 1's Matt Edmondson has been unveiled as the brand new host of The Xtra Factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That clip is absolutely hilarious from start to finish :D delighted to have Louis, Dermot and the room auditions back. And Nicole is infinitely better than Cheryl who takes herself so seriously that she would have sat through that audition with a scowl on her face and looking to Simon every few seconds for validation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Radio 1's Matt Edmondson has been unveiled as the brand new host of The Xtra Factor

Meh.
    I reckon Rylan will be joining him.

Advertisement