Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model shop oncapel street still open?

Options
  • 29-03-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Anyone know if this is still there? As far as I know they are gone but I am not positive, still show on google maps etc but think the image is from around 2012/2013. Last time I was in this way they were closed but it was a bank holiday so I am not sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Still open but stock seems much reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

cheers, I heard there was a fire around that area of capel street not so long ago. Maybe they were affected by it?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Still open when I last looked, which was around the time you posted. They seem to open late sometimes and close about half past four.
    Honestly, they need more customers to buy from them, rather than buying on line, to keep them open. It would be a pity to see them closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

I agree, however, many of these shops vastly overprice their stock, that's why we buy online :-) If they charged a reasonable price they'd be busier.

I agree, however, many of these shops vastly overprice their stock, that's why we buy online :-) If they charged a reasonable price they'd be busier.
    As far as I know there is only one model shop in Dublin. It would be a pity to lose it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

As far as I know there is only one model shop in Dublin. It would be a pity to lose it.

There's a model shop on Hawkins St. and another on Frederick St.

Can't comment on the quality or prices though.

eeguy wrote: »
    There's a model shop on Hawkins St. and another on Frederick St.

Can't comment on the quality or prices though.
    The South Side is a foreign country to me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Frederick st is on the north side just off Mountjoy st.

You'll feel right at home.

eeguy wrote: »
    Frederick st is on the north side just off Mountjoy st.

You'll feel right at home.
    Ok, I'll have to visit the city more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The model shop that was on Frederick St has moved down to Blessington St.

Stock isn't great TBH, but there are some things to be found.

Marks Models on Hawkins St will get stuff in if you want, if they haven't got it in stock. But you'd be just as well off doing that yourself online.

Frankly, I'm still surprised that there are any brick and mortar model shops in Ireland at all.

Thankful though, as getting paint online can be tricky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement