Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRESTLEMANIA 32 Fallout Thread *Spoilers within*

• 29-03-2016 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

wrestlemania-32.jpg

20-man Battle Royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy
    André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

10-Diva tag team match
    The Total Divas (Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox, and Eva Marie) vs. B.A.D. & Blonde (Naomi, Tamina, Lana, Emma, and Summer Rae)

Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback

Singles Match
    AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Tag team match
    The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley)

Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust

4-on-3 Handicap match
    The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev, and King Barrett)

Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
    Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

No Holds Barred Street Fight
    Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Hell in a Cell match
    Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker (If Shane McMahon wins, he will gain control of Raw and Undertaker will be barred from competing at future WrestleMania events indefinitely)

Some talentless X-Factor USA female group by the name of Fifth Harmony also lined up - Not that anyone cares about that now :pac:

How did you rate Wrestlemania 32 157 votes

1/10
    0% 0 votes
    7% 12 votes
    3% 5 votes
    13% 21 votes
    19% 30 votes
    17% 28 votes
    20% 32 votes
    11% 18 votes
    5% 9 votes
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So..... this wasn't unlocked :o

sorry about that ...but now it's the fallout thread!

So you all saw how the card above played out what did you think... poll to be added soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Based on the reaction here I'm glad I went to bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gave it a 4; rated based on it being Wrestlemania rather than a random B PPV and that the key match (i.e. Romans vs. HHH) was a wet noodle and the whole show simply fell flat (esp. when compared to NXT that showed what it could have been). There were no "Feel good go home" moment; it was simply a flop without any relevant upsets... Highlights being obviously Shane's jump and the Triple Threat match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Awful show.

I've stayed up and watched Mania live since Wrestlemania 14. I've never seen any of them this bad, from start to finish.

The ladies had the best match of the night.

For me, part of the issue with the show being so bad was that the ring side mics constantly picked up wrestlers calling spots.

They stuck with a formula that is tired and no longer relevant. It was really obvious that Cena was gonna come save the Rock, for example. And while I loved seeing HBK and Austin, they were simply put in the annual "let's do something with the legends" spot.

In ring work wasnt great. Match results made little sense (Zack Ryder?) The show itself was far too long. 3 out of 10 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not great. Highlights for me were the Women's title match, the IC ladder match and HITC. They almost ran it too long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I went 3 out of 10, last year they pulled the Reigns situation out of the bag by making the rest of the show good and having Rollins cash in.

This year they really really phoned it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

4/10 and the 4 is mostly for the women. Booking wise that was a horrible, non sensical show.

There was literally no point to Taker/Shane and Ambrose/Lesnar, both results making both feuds an utter waste of time. No problem with Dean losing but give him something, even a handshake ffs.

As for Shane/Taker, it needed a screwy finish, SOMETHING that wouldn't cut the legs of the Vince/Shane feud before it's really begun.

No idea why Jericho won that's all I can say on that score.

And I fell asleep before Reigns/HHH but imagine my disappointment to see the non event that ir was.

Brutal show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont see 0 in the poll ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I gave it a 3/10, just felt for me like Vince went all out to stick it to the fans for not accepting Reigns. Some of the booking was crazy, any fan favourite lost. Worse of all the show went on and on and on. Not the Worst Wrestlemania but it be down at lower 20's for sure for WM Rankings. The Main Event was one of the worst they had, the fans didn't get into it and they clearly were drowning out the boos by turning down the mics and using all the pyro. Sad times really.

The ladder match was fine, although the winner was a bit meh cause you know he's dropping either on tonights raw or the next PPV. AJ/Y2J was sadly okay and the winner I felt went the wrong way. New Day and Lon were only used to give the legends (HBK, Foley and Austin) someone to bury. Ambrose/Lesnar was one of the most disappointing matches cause it didn't help Ambrose and made him look even worse. The Women's match was the MOTN but the winner was wrong, just now Sasha winning it isn't going to be that epic when it comes. Shane/Taker was okay and was made more special for the jump of the cage. Battle royal actually made someone instead of burying someone, Crobin will be a great heel. The Rock and Cena did nothing but make Wyatt family look no more then jobbers and it went on far too long. The Main Event was a dud.

Only Vince's chosen ones got any shine last night, Reigns and Charlotte. Fan Favourites got nothing, AJ, Zayn, Owens looked weak. Becky and Sasha looked great but if they win the title after this it be on a crappy B PPV so it won't be as special. I don't know it was very disappointing overall, it did nothing to make the fans happy rather Vince wanting to piss his audience off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just don't get the logic behind the Zack Ryder thing. Why like?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I gave it a 3.

One point for the women's title match which was exceptional and made all 3 look like stars.

One point for the surprise of Corbin winning the battle Royale, hopefully they don't **** on him now on the main roster. Haha, who am I kidding?

The final point is for the lady at ringside who blatantly rolled her eyes to the heavens when the ref counted the 3 for Roman.

The rest of the show? Awful rubbish mixed with completely unforgettable ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

CSF wrote: »

I suspect a feeding on Raw. Someone used the term transitional champion and I think that's apt.

CSF wrote: »

I think, this is just me guessing, I think either Crobin or Samoa Joe are coming up tonight from NXT to RAW and either one will take the title from Ryder. So if that happens it would make sense as they don't want Owens or Zayn to look weak. I'd be very surprised if he keeps the IC title after a month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm curious about the posters who gave it a 7 or 8 (3 so far); was it that they went in with very low expectations or simply don't expect WM to be able to do better? Because to me after seeing NXT Dallas it clearly shows that there is talent and capability to book really excellent matches and I feel they simply failed in delivery with the talent on the card to do so (or to tell a story that mattered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Just a bizarre event all over.

The ladder match was great but i have no idea why they think Zach Ryder is champion material. He has spent the last year tagging with Mojo Rawley on NXT and he isn't a particularly good worker.

The Styles/Jericho match had a weird pace because Chris is getting too old to wrestle properly any more so he couldn't keep up with AJ.

The New Day thing was whatever.

I skipped through the Lesnar match because Ambrose was just there to take wacky bumps like he does in every PPV match and i'm tired of it and tired of watching Lesnar repeatedly German people.

The Womens title match was good if a little botchy but the wrong person won. Charlotte is easily the worst worker of the three and the audience don't care about her at all.

I skipped to the end of the Hell in A Cell because i don't want to watch another Undertaker match in my entire life. He just can't go any more and wasting 20 minutes on him at each Wrestlemania is shameful at this stage.#

The Battle Royal was fun and i was happy to see Corbin win. He has shown the most improvement of any of the guys on the current NXT roster and he is actually a good heel now.

The main event was a standard HHH match and i have no earthly idea why they think putting the belt on Reigns is a good idea unless he loses it on tonights Raw to someone who can actually wrestle that the fans want to see. They are determined to make him a star and it hasn't succeed after nearly 2 years of attempts. He just sucks at being a pro-wrestler and isn't getting any better.

I'd give the PPV a 3 and i'm worried the next year is going to be more of the company spinning its wheels and putting the wrong people over.

Nody wrote: »
    I'm curious about the posters who gave it a 7 or 8 (3 so far); was it that they went in with very low expectations or simply don't expect WM to be able to do better? Because to me after seeing NXT Dallas it clearly shows that there is talent and capability to book really excellent matches and I feel they simply failed in delivery with the talent on the card to do so (or to tell a story that mattered).

There were a few posters in the live thread who were saying they were thoroughly enjoying the show and there were no poor matches. Blinded.

There were a few posters in the live thread who were saying they were thoroughly enjoying the show and there were no poor matches. Blinded.

:pac: The lad who was calling everyone neckbeards and saying it was a classic WM, I guess different strokes for different folks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's not too often I give my thoughts about a PPV but after spending about 7 hours watching this and I'm trying to kill time in work now I feel obliged to comment.

Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback

So first pre-show match was this, it wasn't a bad match, the big guy vs little guy formula worked here and I think the right guy won. It was a shame the stadium was so empty, there was an issue getting people in on time last night and this match suffered as a result.

It also is a shame the US title is back in limbo-land.

10-Diva tag team match
    The Total Divas (Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox, and Eva Marie) vs. B.A.D. & Blonde (Naomi, Tamina, Lana, Emma, and Summer Rae)

The Next match on the pre-show, and sure look it was what it was. A bit of a mess but nothing more than a shill for Total Divas and to put Brie over in the end. Kudos to her for her transition into the Yes lock, that was smooth.

Tag team match
    The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley)

This match was the last match on the pre-show and was your standard Dudleys Tag Match. It should have been in the US title match place and had the US title close off the preshow. The table spot at the end was cool. That's about it.

Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust

And here we go the Main show and just like last year it kicks off with the I-C Ladder match. Don't get me wrong this was a good match and the spot at the end taking out Owens looked sick. And I was delighted for Ryder getting the win, here's the problem WWE gave me no reason to get behind a Ryder victory. We all know if Neville wasn't injured Ryder would still be with his Hype Bro watching it on the Network liked the rest of us.

And hey that's cool, sometimes the stars allign and your chance comes when you least expect it, but at no stage in the build did they hint, Ryder has never had his WM moment, never had his theme music played, complete underdog, etc., etc., instead they made him out as a joke with no chance.

With no reasoning to get behind Ryder and despite the positive reaction he got last night, I firmly expect to see him losing the belt tonight on Raw, but at least he got his WM moment.

Singles Match
    AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Next up was match 4 in this series of Y2AJ 1 on 1 matches. While the build for this match was good, the match wasn't. Jericho looked off and sloppy in places especially the finish. The match got going in the last 5 minutes but two things killed that. Kicking out of the Styles Clash and Jericho going over, Jericho only went over for one of two reasons,

1) it ties the series at 2-2 and we get ANOTHER rubber match that is neither needed or wanted or it's
    2) F*ck you TNA.

But Vince isn't that petty. Oh hey Sting.

4-on-3 Handicap match
    The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev, and King Barrett)

This turned out to be a 3 on 3 match up which makes sense if Barrett is leaving they need to limit his in ring action I suppose.

The result was what it was and it was essentially used as an excuse to bring out HBK, Foley & Austin. Which was better than the Rock's involvement later.

No Holds Barred Street Fight
    Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

One of the matches I was most looking forward to and ultimately one of the shortest. Sure Lesnar gasses after suplex number 5 but I would have rathered 10 more minutes of this than the Rock shíte, more on that later.

Just when the match got going it was over. There was so much more they could have done with it. But hey that's the story of Ambrose's WWE career these days.

Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
    Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

As expected a really good match. I love the new Championship and I was delighted Becky stood out as the star of the match. The Banks statement is a great move I love the transition into it. Not too upset Charlotte or Flair interferred AGAIN, hopefully it leads to a match where Ric is kept out of the match somehow.

Hell in a Cell match
    Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker (If Shane McMahon wins, he will gain control of Raw and Undertaker will be barred from competing at future WrestleMania events indefinitely)

Spot-fest match with the trademark Shane-O-Mac Stunt. It wasn't bad and kudos to Shane that leap was hard to watch at first. The crash pad/ball thing under the table worked well so well done for all involved organising it so safetly. And kudos to Shane for the shape he got in for the match I can't recall seeing him ever that lean.

I read back in February that Shane had only signed a 3 month contract so I was expecting a Taker victory which kinda took the suspense out of match for me.

20-man Battle Royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy
    André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Some random entrants in this Tatanka, DDP and Shaq. I still remember the Raw when Shaq guest hosted and he went nose to nose with Big Show and people were hyped for a Shaq/Show match at Summerfest. But when he was in it last night, social media pi$sed all over it and it's only WWE's fault to blame letting a 8-9 year gap in that storyline haha.

Delighted for Corbin, how they follow this up will be key.

The Rock

Jesus talk about a segment going too long, too pandering and then burying the Wyatts AGAIN, seriously I groaned when the Wyatts came out cause I knew it would end badly for them. Oh welcome back John we actually missed you. I think it's time for The Rock and WM to take a break, there's nothing new for him to do.

Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Jesus again. Look we all know this is Vince's obbession, and he booked himself into a corner and there's no plan B this year (get well soon Seth) but what we pi$sed me off about this was the sound/boo's were clearly trying to be muted out.

I have no problem with crazy Vince pushing his Meathead of the year but let the crowd express their feelings right or wrong. And the sickening rhing is when Raw airs tonight they'll show people in the crowd cheering, clapping and jumping for joy for a Reigns win. It's crazy how he can edit out Superstars when he wants, Hey Hogan, and now he's editing out a Live WrestleMania crowd.

That's my breaking point and I cancelled my Network Sub this morning not because Reigns won, but how they're trying to show us a version of the truth that just isn't there. I firmly believe Vince knows what a mistake it is trying to push Reigns so aggressively but he's too stubborn to back down, hopefully ratings and subs will change his mind. Yeah....

So that's it there's my semi-review, semi-rant on the biggest show of the year.

To me this was a complete 5/10 show. Some things were good some not so much.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The Womens title match was good if a little botchy but the wrong person won. Charlotte is easily the worst worker of the three and the audience don't care about her at all.

She's Ric Flair's daughter meaning HHH is her big supporter, I wasn't shocked she won but was disappointed. She's had a long ass reign already. Even if Sasha and Becky win it now, it won't have the same impact like it would have if it was at WM.

Reigns and Charlotte are two of the most projected superstars on WWE roster, throw in Lesnar with that. Everyone else is buried or ignored.

Looper007 wrote: »
    :pac: The lad who was calling everyone neckbeards and saying it was a classic WM, I guess different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, he was the main guy I was thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I felt that is was poor not worth all the build up and shane should have won. I fell a sleep watching the Rock and missed HHH vs Reigns but don't think I missed much. For the biggest ppv of the year I felt that I have seen raw's that were much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gave it three. Most of the matches weren't terrible, but they were marred by just bizarre winners.

Pre-show was okay and not much else, my favourite part was Bubba sh*t talking throughout his match. Divas match was never going to be great, it was grand to have Brie pick up the win, and I'm all right with Ryback not holding a title.

IC Ladder match was a decent match, but Ryder winning has no semblance of logic. Only a few days ago someone was asking when Ryder last had a singles match on Raw, he's been a jobber for the guts of 4 years. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him lose the title tonight on Raw to someone.

AJ-Jericho was nowhere near what I'd expect from these two, they just didn't seem to gel well tonight. AJ losing was stupid, and the Styles Clash just looks weak as hell now.

LoN vs. New Day. Match was changed last minute to a 3-on-3, and I'm certain it was supposed to be for the titles too. League won solely to have them beat up afterwards, which was much more memorable than the actual match.

Lesnar vs. Lunatic. Dean could have come out of this looking like a star in defeat, and it could have been a potential MotN. Could have, but didn't.

Divas match. Best match of the night, but I'm so utterly sick of Ric Flair interference, and Becky being in matches to take the pin so someone else doesn't have to.

Hell in a Cell. It was grand for what it was. Shane's dive was mad, but the whole story feels completely pointless now.

Battle Royal. I was genuinely terrified Shaq was going to win this, I'm glad for Corbin though and maybe this will do more for him than it did the last two winners.

Rock vs. Erick Rowan. Wyatts looked like chumps, got knocked around by Rock and Cena, and this was time that could have been better used in the street fight.

Main Event. Crap. Just crap. The blatant screwing with the crowd sound was farcical. Match itself wasn't good, but I didn't expect it to be I guess. The winner was always going to be Reigns, come hell or high water, and no matter how unsuited he is. Misery lies ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Said I was going to bed after the Ambrose v Brock match, went after the women's title, which was the best I'd seen and easily sounds like the best of the night. After the New Day match I decided to cancel my Network subscription and having read through the spoilers for the rest of the card, I don't think I'll change my mind. Don't think I'll even bother watching the rest of it.

As cool as the nostalgia trip for Stone Cold, HBK and Foley was, it's a telling indictment that not only did that get the biggest pop, but it was on the only thing that felt truly Wrestlemania.

Also - no Mean Street Posse? What the hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Skipped through it all there in 30 minutes, so that's something.

Fair play Shane for coming back into the fold to help prop up a terrrrrrrrrible card, that bump was done well enough (or was overly risky to the point) that I genuinely was a bit worried about him for a moment (something I can't say about his earlier ones)

The Austin/HBK/Foley thing was fairly bad imo, don't think Austin looked too into it either but it's hard to read him.

The Rock needs to go away for a while, honestly I'd say he's kind of aware of it himself at this stage but it'll take a crowd completely ****ting over him for him to say no when Vince calls for Mania at this stage, I'd say.
    It was kind of lovely to see Cena get a warmer reception than Rock. He's got a much more genuine relationship with the audience

Sound was fuuuuucked up during that main event. How Reigns is handled from here on out will be very telling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Women's match aside, the biggest problem with the show was the build up.

Nothing that happened was particularly bad in its own right but as the build was so bad it left a lot if question marks over why that was the chosen finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That was a festering pile of **** and I'm not wasting anymore of my time on it.

Sub cancelled, im out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd give it a 4/10, such a poor show. Lets not kid ourselves that was meant to be the biggest WrestleMania ever and it was so badly booked.

I'm an attitude era fan, but I also watched this with a much younger fan who helped me along. Attitude or PG era bad booking is bad booking.

My 2 cents:

Ladder match - I thought Kevin Owens was outstanding (first time seen him), for a guy who doesn't have the wrestler body he is quite the athlete. Was hoping he would retain the title.

Jericho and AJ - Jericho winning does absolutely nothing for either of them, Jericho is stale and so far past it. AJ winning is the smart book there.

Stone cold/HBK/Foley - loved it, 3 of my all time favourites. Stone cold is carrying some beer belly to be fair :pac: HBK looked in good shape and great to see Mick. It's a sorry state of affairs though that Vince still has to wheel out the legends to get the crowd going. And there is potential on this roster only it needs to be booked better, way better.

Lesnar/Ambrose - First off why call it a street fight if it took pretty much exclusively in the ring. Watch Cactus Jack/HHH street fight from 2000 now that was a street fight, or HHH vs taker WMX7.
    So here is Lesnar a guy who is paid an absolute fortune to do a part-time gig yet that was all you could get out of this match? A bunch of suplexes and chair shots! Lesnar is box office and Ambrose does have that something about him but this match fell so short of my expectations.

Taker/Shane - a poor match up until they got outside the cell but that was to be expected with 2 very limited performers. Huge bump Shane took, for a 40 odd year old executive he has some balls, that was a crazy height and as well as it was executed at that height things can go wrong. Interesting to see where the McMahon storyline goes from here.

Womens match - best match of the night, I never remembered the women been this talented in my day. Could of went on for another 10 minutes, shame it wasn't a clean ending but great match, really enjoyed it.

Rock/Cena/ Wyatt segment - Wyatt is brilliant, real old school and strange character stands out from the perfect looking wrestlers. Why isn't he at the top of the card and Roman Reigns is? Cena I cant stand, 10 years ago that gangster white boy look needed to be dropped, it's so stale. Maybe they can turn him heel? The Rock is great but his shtick of coming out and working the crowd is getting old, funny in spots but it just doesn't have the same effect anymore.

Main event - Look when you put your baby face up against IMO one of the best naturals heels ever at the main event at WrestleMania and he gets booed before, during and after you need to realize he will never get over with the fans.
    Not a terrible match but not a good one either.

All in all a pretty forgettable show, I didn't think WM31 was great but it was far better than this, far better. It was poorly booked, the build up to pretty much all the matches except the womens match was poor and it showed.

I'm going to check out this NXT, everyone keeps talking about how good it is because the current offering on the main show is not good enough. The product is sliding down fast and when Vince doesn't have anymore legends to wheel out who will he turn to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rewatched the main event, as I had kinda dosed through it.

Yup, still crap. I think they've already dubbed in some Cheers for Roman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rob316 wrote: »
    The product is sliding down fast and when Vince doesn't have anymore legends to wheel out who will he turn to?

Roman Reigns and any McMahon family member.

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm going to check out this NXT, everyone keeps talking about how good it is because the current offering on the main show is not good enough. The product is sliding down fast and when Vince doesn't have anymore legends to wheel out who will he turn to?
    NXT Dallas is a good starting point; I think you will not be disappointed esp. compared to Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I quite liked the card tbh. Haven't watched in a while but got my moneys worth i feel. Started off very good, great to see Ryder win and Jericho getting another WM win. Seeing Shane again was great too.

The ending left a sour taste like with everyone else though. To go over time for a talky Rock segment and a dross filled final match took it out of a lot of people I'd say.

It definitely wasn't a card for someone who takes it too seriously. I'm more about the showcase and faux drama so i could take a lot from it. I understand that a lot of people on here want something different and that's fair enough but i could take a lot of positives out of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Never been so apt

QRrkCvE.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think it's just hit me that Roman Reigns is actually a three time champ now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Generally I was very dissapointed last night. The ladders match and womens match were very good. Shane/Undertaker was very entertaining. AJ/jericho was good shame about the result. Lesnar/Ambrose was a bitter disappointment, that match had so much potential and fell on its arse, Lesnar clearly phoned it in, it wasn't even a streetfight.

The Rock made the Wyatts look very weak and I think this should be the Rock's last WM appearance forever. Even as much as I love Foley/HBK/Austin it was too predictable and sad to see them being wheeled out yet again for their yearly 5 minute segment at WM.

It's time to let the legends go, they were great over 10 years ago but now we have a roster with plenty of newish guys who are really good and just not getting the recognition they deserve.

NXT Takeover Dallas showed what is possible, it was a terrific PPV, every match on that was much better than any match at last nights mania.

• Advertisement

Thought I would feel a bit better about the show after sleeping on it.

No! One of the worst Wrestlemanias of the 21st century.

Fair enough they had injuries but the match results stunk of Vince giving a big FU to the fans.

I can't stand Ryder so that might be just me.

Sasha not getting her big win. Crowd would have went nuts.

Not going to get into the Reigns thing. Just ****e.

Didn't expect Ambrose to win but my God he was made to look like a jabroni.

The big one for me though is Jericho going over AJ. Y2J is starting to look old in the ring and really sloppy during this run. Jericho is really bringing him down with average matches

3/10 - Womens match the only good part. Rewatched the ladder match. It was good but nothing amazing

Oh yeah the rock's bit was dreadful. The fans are starting to go cold on the rock.

HIAC far too long and just for one big stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Gave it a 2. Not even going to waste time writing that much about it. Awful show.

Ryder?Wtf
    AJ should have won
    The Attitude era **** fests need to stop
    Shane v Taker was set up just for one stupid spot
    Of course Flairs daughter is walking out champ

1 point for Corbin and the other for AJ/Jericho match except the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gave it a 4 but for a Mania that's unbelievably bad. This is definitely going to kill my interest in WWE for a long-time. The biggest card of the year and it was really long and ****e. Felt so bad for people who flew over for it. No redeeming booking to make you look forward to anything.

Enjoyed the ladder match but Ryder didn't need to be winning that. Really liked the women's title but the finish was so unnecessary and cheap.

I think Raw tonight will be the last show I watch for quite a while barring something exceptional happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Id imagine for a kid watching cena return to help the rock ranks.up with how I felt when warrior returned to help hulk at mania 8, so although I was disappointed with it I get it, they cater to a specific audience that I no longer feel apart of.

As a kid I obviously got older, and with that so did wrestling, after the cartoon era, we had the attitude era, wrestling was griwing with the times, and then it stagnated.

I get the whole event even though I didnt enjoy it, alot of manias are probably terrible but I look at them through rose tinted glasses because at the time I was a child.

Every now and again stuff gets done that gathers my interest but bar a few fleeting moments I am becoming quite accustomed to bland storylines, which is quite a sad state of affairs personally. I loved wrestling for so long its hard to give it up but over the years I have unknowingly become more and more desinterested in the product, I dont have the same vigorous passion for it I used to, ive even stopped reading raw results.

If it wasnt for nxt I dont know what id do. Takeover is what wrestling is to me nowadays, not wwe and by god it is sad vecause I was a passionate supporter of wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

It was a very odd Mania but considering how bad the card was they relied very much on the spectacle of the whole thing. Some great moments but very questionable booking.

AJ and Y2J was a very strange match - both guys seemed off especially Jericho. It was very sloppy and Jericho winning made zero sense.

The Hell In A Cell was what it was but I expected lots of interferences like HHH vs Sting, leading to Shane winning.

I enjoyed The Rock/Wyatt segment but why on earth did they have Rock vs Rowan as an actual match? Why not reveal Cena as Rock's partner and have a 3 on 2 match - they could've done all the same moves and have The Rock pin Rowan. If Rock never wrestles again his last match will be against Eric Rowan at WM32. Utterly bizarre!

The main event was a let down, not just because Vince stuck to his guns yet again and didn't turn Reigns but because it wasn't the all out war with blood and drama etc it should have been.

I enjoyed it overall but mainly due to Attitude Era legends and various big moments as oppose to it being a great wrestling show because it wasn't, but I never expected it to be with such an awful card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If you took the suplexes out of Brock and Dean's match there'd be nothing much to look at. Dean didn't even get the chainsaw going to add some tension and the bat covered in barbed wire was just a decoration for the mat. For a no DQ street fight it was just terrible. Becky did herself proud. Wish Flair wasn't allowed at ringside. Fans will if they're not already be annoyed with his interference in Charlotte's matches. Shane jumping off the cell was the highlight for me. It was a lacklustre PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I gave it a 7. Alright show overall, loved the booking earlier in the show. Chris over AJ, Flair winning, Zack comming out of nowhere. Avoiding some pridicablity and slightly counter with Brock and taker winning

It gave the show a nice base and build up the main event as anything can happen.

Then the Rock appered.
    The show hit the rocks hard.

Its well know I'm not a fan of the Wyatts but even I wouldn't sh1t in their mouths like the WWE are doing.

HHH had a cool entrance but the match died when Roman appeared thanks to them rurning off the crowd mics.

Fell asleep during the match and woke to see Steph getting hit.

I don't see why they didn't go for the DQ, give Roman the title on a later PPV si the booing will be less.

Overall average but what do you expect from a mania not ending in a 0 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,068 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Like WWE I'm dying a death

Opportunities wasted by WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

What makes it worst is that they know. Rumor had it HHH didn't want his match to be the last. But Vinny refused to have anything other than the title match last.

Jester252 wrote: »
    What makes it worst is that they know. Rumor had it HHH didn't want his match to be the last. But Vinny refused to have anything other than the title match last.
    As much as I found the match a wet nudle slap I have to agree with Vince; the belt and the biggest match with the biggest stars should be the last match on the show. The fact one of those stars is a complete failure in the current position does not change the principle on which match that should be last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I think Raw tonight will be the last show I watch for quite a while barring something exceptional happening.

Same. I was just starting to get back into the main roster stuff again having watched NXT for the past 2 years or so.

This Mania has killed all of my interest in the main roster stuff again. All the wrong people won except for Corbin and focusing so much on old wrestlers and people who the fans either hate or are indifferent towards is killing the product.

I actually feel bad for the NXT roster and younger/newer guys and girls on the main roster having to see what lies ahead of them. It must be soul crushing.

WWE is going to go back to just being NXT for me unless Raw is amazing tonight. I wasn't initially that high on Nakamura/Zayn from Takeover but it was a work of art compared to pretty much everything that happened last night.

I meant to say as well was the big surprise the wrestling sites were going on about in the build up Shaq or The Rocks 6 second match?

Both were crap what ever it was.

Felt so bad for people who flew over for it. No redeeming booking to make you look forward to anything.

That's who I feel for the most, is everyone on the travel forum who made the trip over, spent a year planning, saving and organsining and then that's the best they offer up. If you shaved off all the filler on last night's show it would be a very ordinary B PPV let alone a decent WM.

I'm struggling to see where redemption is going to come from, I know people will say NXT but when these guys get called up to the Main Roster are they not going to get caught up in mix?

They're going to need some hell of a hook for tonight's Raw to keep fans tuning in because after tonight I really fear there are some dark days ahead for the WWE.

I won't stay up for Raw anyway. Not because I expect it to be bad, but because I'm really fecking tired after last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement