Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience Insurance

Options
  • 29-03-2016 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have no idea where I want to work so I thought I'd do some work experience to see what different careers are like. However, everywhere I emailed (and most were offices) said I needed insurance though they didn't say what type. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what I can do? I don't mind if I have to pay for insurance but I'm not sure what plan would cover going to various offices for a week or two unpaid.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The school should have a policy that covers you. They usually have a letter to give work experience students which explains this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 berco24

spurious wrote: »
    The school should have a policy that covers you. They usually have a letter to give work experience students which explains this.

Their policy won't cover me as I am not planning to do the work experience during their designated dates

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

berco24 wrote: »
    Their policy won't cover me as I am not planning to do the work experience during their designated dates

I would imagine it would be expensive for you to organise your own insurance but you could ask the school what company they deal with and ask for a quote.

Advertisement