Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to buy scheme proposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,905 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Probably - all previous incentives did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Financial aid to help people buy a house they can't afford, what could possibly go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hmm, doesn't this sound a little familiar to me?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I guess it will be a top up scheme for deposit or maybe a portion of the mortgage at a low rate guaranteed by the government

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Homeless people have no hope really, have they! Go free market!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Homeless people have no hope really, have they! Go free market!

I think perhaps the homeless have to accept responsibility for their circumstances also. Not every homeless case is because they were unfortunate. Ive lived beside people who you wouldnt want anything to do with... They got thrown out ... anti social behaviour.

I think in times gone passed people could just drop out and expect the state to pay for everything. This housing situation shows alot of people were swimming with no clothes on.. the tide has truely gone out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Problem: Not enough supply.

Not a solution: Increase demand.

:(

F**K sake.

Prices are too high.
    People can't afford houses or rents.
    No ones building houses.

Don't fookin make em more expensive!

Where'd all the empties from the property bubble go? The sooner I see the results of the census and where all these people taking up all the houses are coming from, the better. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm guessing this scheme will be like the SSIA and give buyers a free €1 for every €4 saved for a deposit.

The ironic thing is Fine Gael criticise Sinn Fein for their magic money tree yet here we have Fine Gael with a magic money tree all of their own.

Advertisement