Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Envy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

daragh_ wrote: »
    Give up dreaming. Buy a Cargo Bike ;)

If you insist.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

If Money was no issue id have to go for a

Look 695 like this ....

http://cyclingtips.com/2013/08/bikes-of-the-bunch-look-695/

saw one propped up against a car at the Lucan GP and its as sweet in the flesh.

It would be the 795 for me on lightweight wheels.

305535d1430344887-my-brand-new-795-di2-lightweight-meilenstein-tubular-img_2807.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

stecleary wrote: »

305535d1430344887-my-brand-new-795-di2-lightweight-meilenstein-tubular-img_2807.jpg

Now that is worthy of serious envy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Lightweight Wheels are fantastic but it would be great if they invested just a few quid in some nice branding. The horrible typography ruins the look for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

stecleary wrote: »

Nice Bike...but the Bottle cages! Uuugh! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Nice Bike...but the Bottle cages! Uuugh! :eek:

and the sloping top tube..and the stem...and the seatpost - otherwise nice :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

In my jaunt through Seoul last week, I was passed by some lovely bikes, 2 pinarellos, a bianchi and a wilier very similar to the one I've been lusting over for weeks but not had the cajones to just order!

Ive 2 10+ year old racers (trek and wilier) with decent groupsets. Ive a lovely aravis Reynolds steel tourer with a good group and bombproof wheels. Ive a few spare wheels better than those on my bike, but until I get that bike I'll always have the envy. I'm always checking them out.

Girlfriend thinks I'm like the third policeman and will become a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

JeffJones_wholebike_tall.jpg

Super envious when I spot the odd one of these at the Euro SS's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

If Money was no issue id have to go for a

Look 695 like this ....

http://cyclingtips.com/2013/08/bikes-of-the-bunch-look-695/

saw one propped up against a car at the Lucan GP and its as sweet in the flesh.

My brother in law has this, gorgeous. He makes the most of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Fian wrote: »
    My brother in law has this, gorgeous. He makes the most of it too.

damn right, that is one bike that should be taken off anyone who isn't tearing the arse out of it regularly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Not usually a fan of them but spotted a really nice white Genesis fixie out in Donabate yesterday morning, guy cycling it had the full Swords CC gear on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Not usually a fan of them but spotted a really nice white Genesis fixie out in Donabate yesterday morning, guy cycling it had the full Swords CC gear on.
    :eek: That was myself on the way to work!! :D

:eek: That was myself on the way to work!! :D

Very nice bike indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'll start getting bike envy when i reach the point that my bike is the limiting factor, rather than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

i'll start getting bike envy when i reach the point that my bike is the limiting factor, rather than me.

Same.

But I definitely do plenty of bike appreciation.

At this stage if I see an attractive woman on a bike even the Mrs doesn't doubt for a second that I'm looking at the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

S-Works Venge - 2014- Stunning machine!
    pmF3Rjznj

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Spotted a nice looking KTM out on the old Dublin - Balgriggan Road yesterday

Orange and Black i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've been on McNally Swords CC group rides where someone has an orange and black KTM but I just can place who at the moment. Probably the same bike.

there were some serious bikes out there yesterday, almost crashed the car trying to get a good look at them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I've one of those.

its has a 1000cc engine so its great for going up hills. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement