Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergan, Westport

Options
  • 29-03-2016 11:52am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone works for Allergan. I'm trying to get an idea of the facilities. Is there a gym and so on. Anyone who works there, any information would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Don't know about a gym, but it is regarded locally as a good place to work

Itzy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone works for Allergan. I'm trying to get an idea of the facilities. Is there a gym and so on. Anyone who works there, any information would be great.

No Gym, but it is basically in the town so there is plenty within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 raycarty

I hear they're hiring technicians for 6 months contracts. Do they renew these contracts after the 6 months is up - or do you have to compete with other people to have your contract renewed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

raycarty wrote: »
    I hear they're hiring technicians for 6 months contracts. Do they renew these contracts after the 6 months is up - or do you have to compete with other people to have your contract renewed?

Thats generally the way it goes in contracting, was a contractor for 6 years and it was always a case of never knowing if the contract was been renewed. Allergan will be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 winter2016

Does anyone know are there any production roles in Allergan that dont require a Science degree
    Applied for Manufacturing techicians a few weeks back but my application wasnt considered as I didnt have a science background

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Who did you submit it to? Directly or through an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

i think you can submit online, there was an agency i think called collins Mcnicholas? that was advertising for them a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 winter2016

Who did you submit it to? Directly or through an agency?

Through agency have also done the online profile but haven't had any reply to that

I went both routes as well, or at least tried, with no luck!

How did you find out it wasn't considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Quiko09

I went both routes as well, or at least tried, with no luck!

How did you find out it wasn't considered?

Hi
    Did you ever hear back from Allergan, since you applied?
    I have applied since the end of November 2016.

• Advertisement

I never heard a peep from them. I found out afterwards that they were looking for people with biomedical/pharma qualifications and I don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Quiko09

I never heard a peep from them. I found out afterwards that they were looking for people with biomedical/pharma qualifications and I don't have one.

Thanks for letting me know
    I won't hold my breath so.
    I am looking for just an 'on the-line'/ general job, in there, as I don't have them qualifications either.

As far as I know, those jobs were just general operative jobs. They were looking for something like 30+ people at the time. I think they may just have been extremely picky who they took on, given the talent pool at the moment.

Advertisement