Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lino professionally coming unglued. Any comeback?

Options
  • 29-03-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

*Meant to say "professionally laid" .
    Long shot I know but we got lino laid last Autumn. It was originally a little lumpy in spots but we didn't really mind and let it go. Over time, the lino is quite obviously lifting in spots and getting worse as it increasingly lifts. Is it too late for any comeback? Should we have got onto the company asap? It seems that it has worsened over time, I guess as one spot got unglued it increasingly shifted. It's really annoying now as it looks pretty sh*t. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Give whoever laid it a call. They may do something for you as a matter of good will.
    If you still have any paperwork relating to the job then have a look at it. There may be some guarantee on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

If any shop is worth its salt it will go back and rectify the problem. Lino well laid should not be lifting, especially in such a short time. I would definitely go back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

paddles wrote: »
    *Meant to say "professionally laid"
    If you click to edit your post, and then click on "go advanced" you can change the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Menas wrote: »
    Give whoever laid it a call. They may do something for you as a matter of good will.
    If you still have any paperwork relating to the job then have a look at it. There may be some guarantee on that?

I got the lino in Carpet Rite but they use a contractor to install the lino. I have paper from carpet rite that appears to hold responsiblilty for the product but not the contractor's work. I still haven't phoned. I only seem to have an invoice type slip that gives the price of the guy who installed the lino who I had to pay separately on the day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

sounds like they out you in touch with a contractor and paying the contractor directly wont help you, its the contractor you need to go after now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This is a common way of trying to avoid responsibility
    Did you pay the fitter cash ? Did you get an invoice ?

Advertisement