Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled, no access to bills, and still being charged

Options
  • 29-03-2016 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there,

I cancelled my Eir broadband at the beginning of the year and I gave notice about my intention to do this even though I was out of contract. The last normal bill I had from Eir charged me for a full month even though my usage ended in the middle of a billing period. I spoke to an Eir agent who told me I would be issued with a final bill that would credit me anything I should not have been charged. 

I used paperless billing but now I can't access any of my previous bills because when I log into Eir it says my account has ceased (which it has) and locks me out of selecting them. Any emails Eir sent me with my bill host them on my account too so I have no access to any of my Eir bills. Eir also took an additional 33.86 out of my account last week. I wasn't sent any bills or correspondence that indicated why this happened. 

The whole process of cancelling seems an absolute mess and I have yet to receive a final bill that I can access that explains what I have been charged and why. Can you please find out how I can access my bills, what I have been charged, and whether or not I am due a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

teatoast wrote: »
    Hi there,

I cancelled my Eir broadband at the beginning of the year and I gave notice about my intention to do this even though I was out of contract. The last normal bill I had from Eir charged me for a full month even though my usage ended in the middle of a billing period. I spoke to an Eir agent who told me I would be issued with a final bill that would credit me anything I should not have been charged. 

I used paperless billing but now I can't access any of my previous bills because when I log into Eir it says my account has ceased (which it has) and locks me out of selecting them. Any emails Eir sent me with my bill host them on my account too so I have no access to any of my Eir bills. Eir also took an additional 33.86 out of my account last week. I wasn't sent any bills or correspondence that indicated why this happened. 

The whole process of cancelling seems an absolute mess and I have yet to receive a final bill that I can access that explains what I have been charged and why. Can you please find out how I can access my bills, what I have been charged, and whether or not I am due a refund?
    Hi  teatoast,

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced such difficulty in receiving your final bill.
    I'm afraid once an account is cancelled your myeir will deactivate.
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I can arrange to have it posted to you.

Pamela :) 

Advertisement