Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collections Letter

Options
  • 29-03-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Last year my landlord put our house up for sale and so I had to move house 5 months into an eFibre/eVision contract. 

I rang eir to organise a move and this was processed but an entirely new account and telephone number was setup at the new address and, although the old account still appears in 'my eir', there is no information in there as the account is ceased.

I arrived home last Thursday to a letter sent to my old address and forwarded by An Post from a collections agency (Cabot Financial) acting on behalf of "eircom" seeking a payment of €65. At the time I lived at that address, the monthly bill was on a promotion and I was paying €25 per month. My first bill at the new house was in excess of €100 as I couldn't bring the promotion with me, and it covered the usual first month in arrears, next month in advance etc. etc. 

I got a paper bill from eir at my old address, and any mail sent there is still being redirected to the new house. Bills for the new account are paperless. As far as I'm aware, all eir bills due have been paid promptly under both accounts. I also cannot understand how this figure of €65 was arrived at. 

I raised this as a question on the eir forum but haven't had a reply.  Can I please PM someone at eir my account numbers to have this looked at? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Last year my landlord put our house up for sale and so I had to move house 5 months into an eFibre/eVision contract. 

I rang eir to organise a move and this was processed but an entirely new account and telephone number was setup at the new address and, although the old account still appears in 'my eir', there is no information in there as the account is ceased.

I arrived home last Thursday to a letter sent to my old address and forwarded by An Post from a collections agency (Cabot Financial) acting on behalf of "eircom" seeking a payment of €65. At the time I lived at that address, the monthly bill was on a promotion and I was paying €25 per month. My first bill at the new house was in excess of €100 as I couldn't bring the promotion with me, and it covered the usual first month in arrears, next month in advance etc. etc. 

I got a paper bill from eir at my old address, and any mail sent there is still being redirected to the new house. Bills for the new account are paperless. As far as I'm aware, all eir bills due have been paid promptly under both accounts. I also cannot understand how this figure of €65 was arrived at. 

I raised this as a question on the eir forum but haven't had a reply.  Can I please PM someone at eir my account numbers to have this looked at? Thanks.
    Hi mr.sensible,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this.
    Please feel free to PM me these details and I'll take a look into this.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

Hi Pamela - thanks for the reply, Ciara on the eir Community site has resolved the issue for me in the meantime.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela - thanks for the reply, Ciara on the eir Community site has resolved the issue for me in the meantime.  
    No problem mr.sensibleThanks for getting back and letting me know :)

Pamela 

Advertisement