Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay out of my 'COD:Space'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Bahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha! What a joke.

The question on everyone's mind is: can we buy the COD:MW remaster without having to buy this ridiculous piece of garbage called Infinite War? Probably not on launch, but maybe 6 months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

New trailer looked pretty decent actually and I say that as someone who is, what, four entries in the series behind? I'd wager if it didn't have the CoD moniker it'd be far better received which is kind of sad, all things considered.

As for the Remastered topic, it's been awhile since I've played it but from the looks of that trailer, does it look like they've rebuilt the game in the newer iteration of the engine?

384875.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hope we can get the remaster on its own too, unlikely though.

Benzino wrote: »
    Hope we can get the remaster on its own too, unlikely though.
    I'd be absolutely amazed if Activision didn't release it separately a little while after launch.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely amazed if Activision didn't release it separately a little while after launch.

I agree. It will be released as a standalone probably 2-3 months after the release of Marvel Warfare: Infinity Wars - just as that post-purchase depression period hits. If they released it as a standalone on the same day, Marvel Warfare would be destroyed by it in terms of sales numbers. Suggests Activision don't have much confidence in their new title...

Falthyron wrote: »
    I agree. It will be released as a standalone probably 2-3 months after the release of Marvel Warfare: Infinity Wars - just as that post-purchase depression period hits. If they released it as a standalone on the same day, Marvel Warfare would be destroyed by it in terms of sales numbers. Suggests Activision don't have much confidence in their new title...
    I'd read it slightly differently to be honest. I'd wager they know it's more valuable to use as a pre-order and Limited Edition incentive, those who can't wait will get the more expensive version and those that can will just pick it up when it's available separately. It's a win for them either way really.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I think they will keep them combined for a long as possible, maybe Christmas 2017 release it as stand alone. Anyone wanting to play MW will have to buy both which means for them.
    I buy these mostly for the MP (havent bought a COD since Ghosts) and COD space looking like Ill be holding onto my money for another year or two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With the level of detail in that mw remaster there's no way it will be kept as a pre order bonus. Looks like they put a lot of effort into it. I tried out mw a few days ago and that video shows a massive increase in fidelity, definitely not a throw away remake.

Doesn't come with the standard edition of the game:
    Activision wrote:
    How can I get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

Can I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered without buying Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?

No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Benzino wrote: »
    Doesn't come with the standard edition of the game:

There is one very good reason, from IW point of view, why they wont let you buy it separately:

MW remaster will outsell new cod as a lot of lost lambs have no interest in new Cod, but they would love new shiny updated remaster of one of the greatest cods ever.
    So imagine that: New cod being outsold by a remaster. It would be a nightmare for them and look very bad.

After watching the trailer, I am kind of liking it. Its still same rubbish engine. To make it worse you can clearly see explosions and the explosion destroyed terrain, which was already exploded before bomb even going off...

I dont know, I am more interested in picking up Black ops 3 when its cheap as chips when everyone trading it in for next new one.

There is one very good reason, from IW point of view, why they wont let you buy it separately:

MW remaster will outsell new cod as a lot of lost lambs have no interest in new Cod, but they would love new shiny updated remaster of one of the greatest cods ever.
    So imagine that: New cod being outsold by a remaster. It would be a nightmare for them and look very bad.

After watching the trailer, I am kind of liking it. Its still same rubbish engine. To make it worse you can clearly see explosions and the explosion destroyed terrain, which was already exploded before bomb even going off...

I dont know, I am more interested in picking up Black ops 3 when its cheap as chips when everyone trading it in for next new one.

Yup, definitely! Activision didn't stumble across all their money, they know what they are doing. I've no interest in the new game, just interested in the remaster so can't see myself shelling out €80 or whatever for it.

The remaster is not included on the disc, it's a download so there is the possibility of just trading Infinite Warfare in to recoup some of the cost. Unless of course they force you to launch the remaster via Infinite Warfare....

I wouldn't bother to be honest, unless you really like the MP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No way they will keep it as a pre-order bonus. It will be available a couple of weeks after launch for the non-legacy owning plebs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Again, people writing this off before even a gameplay trailer is out. To me, that looks interesting. Where else were they to go? As someone said above, if they dropped the CoD name, it would probably sell better, but people nearly deliberately don't buy CoD games just because they're CoD. I'm more than willing to give them a chance. It's better than playing the same game over and over, same types of terrain, same enemies, same guns. This is evolution, and evolution moves forward. I genuinely don't know if they can go anywhere after this, but i'm not going to worry about that.

I will be getting this on launch day, and I will be taking my annual 3 weeks off to play it. Thing is, I may need 4 weeks, as the MW remaster does look good. I think that it will affect the MP on IW, more people will play the MW remaster than the new one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is evolution, and evolution moves forward. I genuinely don't know if they can go anywhere after this, but i'm not going to worry about that.

You mentioned people writing it off without even seeing gameplay then in the next breath you call it evolution, without seeing gameplay,

just saying is all :D

COD will always do well enough on console because consoles simply do not have the huge catalogue of fps games PC gamers have to choose from, better than say 5 years+ ago but still nowhere near what PC has thus with little to choose from COD will always do well on console.

Then again maybe your not a console gamer but I'm betting you are if you take 3 weeks off for a cod game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dcully wrote: »
    You mentioned people writing it off without even seeing gameplay then in the next breath you call it evolution, without seeing gameplay,

just saying is all :D

I was thinking that may have come across wrong. What I meant was, it's moving forward in time, it's evolving that way. They can't keep releasing the same type of game over and over. It needs to evolve. Far Cry tried going backwards (albeit very far backwards) and while it was a novelty, it felt stale very quick. People were writing off AW and BO3 because it stole ideas from Titanfall or Halo. But they were solid games in their own right. I played more in AW and BO3 than I did in all other CoD's, save for MW1 & 2.
    Dcully wrote: »
    COD will always do well enough on console because consoles simply do not have the huge catalogue of fps games PC gamers have to choose from, better than say 5 years+ ago but still nowhere near what PC has thus with little to choose from COD will always do well on console.

Then again maybe your not a console gamer but I'm betting you are if you take 3 weeks off for a cod game :)

I'm both, PC and console. Started as console, but joined PC a few years ago. And I don't play FPS on pc, because I don't have the proper set up for it (couch gaming on a 60"). My set up is too relaxed for the twitch shooters on PC. I'd be decimated. But, I play near everything else on PC. Just not competitive online. I've never played Counter Strike, just doesn't appeal to me. I'm a bit of a solo gamer, even online, so team based games just don't do it for me, due to work shifts and hardly anyone in my job actually being a gamer, it's hard to schedule times with my gamer friends, who either are in college with part time jobs, or full time shift jobs which rarely line up with my days off!

And those 3 weeks are my holidays. I can't afford to go on actual holidays, and I love gaming, so it's my idea of an affordable holiday. It originally started as a week off, then 2, and now 3 (simply because of the way my shifts work, i'm still only taking 2 weeks off!). But lately, a good few games come out around November, so it's for all the games I take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No way they will keep it as a pre-order bonus. It will be available a couple of weeks after launch for the non-legacy owning plebs :)

It's not a pre order bonus though so you can buy that version months later.

If they do let people buy it separately, I'd bet it won't be for at least 6 months or so.

It makes no sense why they'd want to have their own game compete against a new game especially when people will buy it.

Also if it's an extra 20 euro, there is no way they'll sell it for 20 euro separately.

Advertisement