Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2016 coverage in Australia

Options
  • 29-03-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Anyone know what is going on with this? Are the pubs going to be able to show the games or what?

Bit of a joke, looks like it is still not confirmed who has the coverage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,586 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭gobsh!te

That doesn't confirm they have all the games, just 8 knockout games including the final...Let's hope they get it...I might cancel my foxtel, heard Fox Sports is losing EPL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

gobsh!te wrote: »
    Anyone know what is going on with this? Are the pubs going to be able to show the games or what?

Yes. Lock ins. Was done for the last euros, find a british or irish pub and prepare for a loooong night.

Noo wrote: »
    Yes. Lock ins. Was done for the last euros, find a british or irish pub and prepare for a loooong night.

The Belgium game starts 11pm on a Saturday night East Coast Aus time....Can't wait for the matches.

That doesn't confirm they have all the games, just 8 knockout games including the final...Let's hope they get it...I might cancel my foxtel, heard Fox Sports is losing EPL

Where did you hear about Fox Sports losing the EPL ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Where did you hear about Fox Sports losing the EPL ?

announced before Christmas http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/11/02/foxtel-loses-premier-league-rights-optus/

ambasite wrote: »

What a fûcking pain that is.

Any idea how / where Optus can show the games ? Surely not just online and live ?

I suppose the ease of just recording the games, while sleeping, and watching first thing in the morning are gone now ?

Fùcks sake. Foxtel is now useless to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

No need to watch it ..... just find out who has paid the biggest bribes to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Saw an announcement on Fox Sports there that they've done a deal with BeIn Sports to show 3 of their channels on Foxtel for no extra cost from mid May. This includes all Euro 2016 games as well as Europa and Champions League. Guess I'll keep the subscription for a few more months so! As much as I hate Fox, Optus's plan to show via streaming sounds like a disaster. No HD and no recording of games and an extra sub to fork out for.

I have Bein Sports so I'm delighted its finally going to HD for the Euros, the only problem is that awful commentating.

IF anyone is really really desperate and IT savy download the app Kodi and the IrishTV streaming section but you will need decent internet(which I don't have)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Family has this setup in Sydney and love it - For UK Live and Catchup TV

Get an account with these - can be had for €17 for 1 year

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

Get one of the these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1459519059&sr=1-2&keywords=now+tv

The install the APP

http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Goat Paddock

Saw an announcement on Fox Sports there that they've done a deal with BeIn Sports to show 3 of their channels on Foxtel for no extra cost from mid May. This includes all Euro 2016 games as well as Europa and Champions League. Guess I'll keep the subscription for a few more months so! As much as I hate Fox, Optus's plan to show via streaming sounds like a disaster. No HD and no recording of games and an extra sub to fork out for.

Streaming is crap compared to Satellite in my opinion, in new Zealand it's not available with sky Nz, it's done with premier league pass. In fairness you can watch any game at all "live" (ie 60 seconds behind probably!) and highlights(full game only I think)

Advertisement