Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a buggy friendly restaurant or cafe in kilkenny

Options
  • 29-03-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place for lunch in kilkenny that won't go into panic mode when they see a buggy! Travelling on Saturday by train to kilkenny for the day with my mam, two year old daughter and a 13 year old with special needs, so place would need to be within walking distance of train station ie somewhere central. I'd just like an option other than McDonald's supermacs etc. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

McDonagh Junction near the station has lots of cafes and a restuarant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Paris Texas is apparently very buggy friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hi just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place for lunch in kilkenny that won't go into panic mode when they see a buggy! Travelling on Saturday by train to kilkenny for the day with my mam, two year old daughter and a 13 year old with special needs, so place would need to be within walking distance of train station ie somewhere central. I'd just like an option other than McDonald's supermacs etc. Thanks in advance

Often been in Zuni's cafe with a buggy and its fine, and also one of the nicest restaurants in town. Right in the middle of town as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Hibernian Hotel too, great food and loads of space upstairs(use the lift with buggy)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

earlytobed wrote: »
    McDonagh Junction near the station has lots of cafes and a restuarant

This seems best suited to your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

McDonagh is probably the best, it's even got a few play areas for kids that can be viewed form the surrounding cafes.

10-macdonagh-juction-Corne-684x336.jpg

There's loads of shops there too like Tkmaxx.

Advertisement