Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for some advice... As always

• 29-03-2016 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I was very fortunate to be a member of a top class gym for 12 months from February 2015 to February 2016. Due to cost and work commitments I decided to join a more convenient commercial gym for 3 months to tide myself over until things in work settle down a bit during the summer.

I'll be honest I hadn't realised how spoon fed and well looked after I was in my previous gym. Top class advice, regular check-ins and a trainer on hand keeping an eye on form etc.

I thought I knew a lot more than I do and that I'd be able to magic together a programme for myself no bother. This hasn't been the case. I'm turning up and just arsing around deciding what I'll do when I get there. This can very contingent on what equipment is available.

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of decent programmes to follow for 6-8 weeks. There's some serious amount of information out there when one starts looking but, it's very hard to sort the good stuff from the bad.

My main focus was losing weight at the start, I've dropped significantly. Just want to focus on getting a bit stronger and doing a bit that will keep me in decent nick until I get back to the other gym. Diet is quite good (except for a week away in the sun last week and the annual Easter Egg feast :o).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just recycle one of the programs you followed in your previous gym. It worked before, it should work again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

It's not rocked science to come up with a program that works for you and if you've been doing one for 12 month's you'll have basic idea of working each muscle group.

Turning up at all is half the bottle and doing something is better than doing nothing , but you can inter change the exercises and still be hitting each group hard.

Example if you went in on a back/arms day and had a plan of..

* Bent over rows/Reverse grip rows
    * Ez bar curls
    * Pull ups/Chin ups
    * Incline bench rows

If that equipment wasn't available , you could easily make a switch to say...

* Lat pull down wide grip and narrow grip
    * Bodyweight pull ups off bar
    * Isolation curls/Hammer curls
    * Machine rows
    * Reverse flys standing or on bench
    * Rope pull hammer curls

Your still hitting the same muscle groups, sometimes because of time and how busy the gym is you have to get creative.

Advertisement