If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TX50CX802

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

stimpson wrote: »
    I see the TX50CX802 went up by £100 overnight. It's still available at radiocraft for £889. Any chance of a price match?

https://www.radiocraft.uk.com/product/panasonic-tx-50cx802b/
    Hi Stimpson.

Unfortunately our prices change all of the time sometimes twice daily to stay in trend with local and online retailers. We have a department in the UK at London HQ that do all our pricing. We also have someone in out Dublin HQ that keeps us inline with our competitors in the south of Ireland.

I have checked over the Radio Craft website and they don't ship to Northern or Southern Ireland unfortunately. The 5 year Panasonic warranty that comes with it also only applies to in-store sales on this one.

I have checked online for other retailers but all the usual companies are back at £999.00 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I see the TX50CX802 went up by £100 overnight. It's still available at radiocraft for £889. Any chance of a price match?

https://www.radiocraft.uk.com/product/panasonic-tx-50cx802b/
    Hi Stimpson.

Unfortunately our prices change all of the time sometimes twice daily to stay in trend with local and online retailers. We have a department in the UK at London HQ that do all our pricing. We also have someone in out Dublin HQ that keeps us inline with our competitors in the south of Ireland.

I have checked over the Radio Craft website and they don't ship to Northern or Southern Ireland unfortunately. The 5 year Panasonic warranty that comes with it also only applies to in-store sales on this one.

I have checked online for other retailers but all the usual companies are back at £999.00 also.
    That's disappointing Kenny. I was ready to pull the trigger at 899, but it's over budget now.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭20/20

Hi Kenny Iam thinking about a new TV and I realy like  the 55 inch, that's  Panasonic 55" TX55CX802B. http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201472-viera-tx55cx802b.aspx

Do you deliver this to Dublin ?and if so how much in total please ?

20/20 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny Iam thinking about a new TV and I realy like  the 55 inch, that's  Panasonic 55" TX55CX802B. http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201472-viera-tx55cx802b.aspx

Do you deliver this to Dublin ?and if so how much in total please ?
    Hey 20/20.

The CX802 range are really nice screen indeed. Fantastic picture and packed with extras.

The 55CX802 is currently priced at 1749.99 Euro (Inc Delivery and our VIP 6 year Guarantee)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201325-viera-tx55cx680b.aspx

You can also pay in sterling priced at £1299.00 + £6.99 shipping

We have these ready to ship from our warehouse.

Let me know you think.

Thanks for the quick reply.I will decide next week and let you know.
    This is definitely the FREESAT model ?
    Does it work out cheaper if people pay in sterling with a debit card? ( just curious as you point out both prices ) and it looks like a 100 euro saving if sterling is used.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick reply.I will decide next week and let you know.
    This is definitely the FREESAT model ?
    Does it work out cheaper if people pay in sterling with a debit card? ( just curious as you point out both prices ) and it looks like a 100 euro saving if sterling is used.
    Hey 20/20.

It does indeed have a built in FreeSat tuner.

If you pay in sterling then your bank or card issuer would do the conversion to Euro and sometimes it can work out cheaper to pay the sterling price.
    Paying in sterling adds £6.99 for shipping.

Hi Kenny I see the 55 inch is now down to £999 and I wish to buy  http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx55cx802b/pana-tx55cx802b     Do I contact you or just buy online ?

Hi Kenny I see the 55 inch is now down to £999 and I wish to buy  http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx55cx802b/pana-tx55cx802b     Do I contact you or just buy online ?
    Hi 20/20.

The 55" has dropped to £999.00 but it has been made an in-store only purchase. It would need collected from the Belfast store as we are now unable to ship this screen :(

It has been made in store only for all our 53 stores and not just us here in Belfast.

I picked my 50CX802 up on Saturday (and took the opportunity to do the Titanic Exhibition while I was there). Many thanks to the lads in the shop for sorting me out and helping me to manhandle the box out to the car.

I'm very happy with it. The blacks are very very black. The uniformity of the panel is excellent - my fears about buying another edge lit panel were unfounded. My old Samsung F7000 was €500 more expensive and there was light bleeding from the corners which was very noticeable in dark scenes. Not a hint of it with the Panasonic. Upscaling of HD content is excellent, but UHD content looks amazing - I'm tempted to pay the extra for Netflix 4K. 

I did find a single stuck pixel, but the pixels are so small on a 4K TV that it's invisible unless you are looking at a solid colour and are a foot in front of the screen (and know where to look!).

I picked my 50CX802 up on Saturday (and took the opportunity to do the Titanic Exhibition while I was there). Many thanks to the lads in the shop for sorting me out and helping me to manhandle the box out to the car.

I'm very happy with it. The blacks are very very black. The uniformity of the panel is excellent - my fears about buying another edge lit panel were unfounded. My old Samsung F7000 was €500 more expensive and there was light bleeding from the corners which was very noticeable in dark scenes. Not a hint of it with the Panasonic. Upscaling of HD content is excellent, but UHD content looks amazing - I'm tempted to pay the extra for Netflix 4K. 

I did find a single stuck pixel, but the pixels are so small on a 4K TV that it's invisible unless you are looking at a solid colour and are a foot in front of the screen (and know where to look!).
    Hey Stimpson.

The Panas really are a cracking TV!
    4K is just stunning on them. Panasonic 4K player is out this month and we cant wait to get one for our demo room :)

As long as the pixel isn't a problem with your viewing. Like you say they are so small on the 4K screen. 

Again thanks for your purchase :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Stimpson I ordered the 55 inch this morning and will collect at the weekend if in.
    Glad to hear picture is good as I haven't seen these yet.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Btw, it popped up on my credit card bill this morning. £799 came in at €982, so was worth paying in Sterling. I almost feel guilty getting it so cheap!

Thanks for that Stimpson I ordered the 55 inch this morning and will collect at the weekend if in.
    Glad to hear picture is good as I haven't seen these yet.
    Hey 20/20.

When you called back yesterday seems you got one of my colleagues.

Order has been placed and stock requested from our main warehouse.
    We usually get a list of whats coming on the delivery around Wed evening or Thursday morning.

Once we get this we will give you a call to confirm its arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

That's it, I'm convinced now. After 3 months of postponing and waiting for the release of the 2016 models I've decided that the value of the 50CX802B can't be overlooked. Expect a call from me in the morning Kenny for another to be placed.

Senecio wrote: »
    That's it, I'm convinced now. After 3 months of postponing and waiting for the release of the 2016 models I've decided that the value of the 50CX802B can't be overlooked. Expect a call from me in the morning Kenny for another to be placed.
    Hi Senecio.

The 50CX680 is now an in store only collection :(

I have no problem getting you one but it would need collected from the Belfast store.

Stock is going fast on these at present with less than 100 left company wide.

Hi Senecio.

I have no problem getting you one but it would need collected from the Belfast store.

No issue with a run up to Belfast to collect in store. Just off the phone, order placed. Expected in from the warehouse end of next week which will be perfect as I can run up at the weekend.

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Senecio.

No issue with a run up to Belfast to collect in store. Just off the phone, order placed. Expected in from the warehouse end of next week which will be perfect as I can run up at the weekend.

Cheers
    No probs, will drop you a post when we get confirmation of our delivery, probably wed/thurs of next week just to know it'll def be here

Any problems, drop us a post

Cheers
    Brian

Please give me the good news that it will be available to pick up this weekend? Sad I know but I'm like an expectant father here waiting for the birth of his first born.

Please give me the good news that it will be available to pick up this weekend? Sad I know but I'm like an expectant father here waiting for the birth of his first born.
    Hey Senecio.

Just got our pick through for this week and there is one arriving on Friday for you :D.

Hey Senecio.

Just got our pick through for this week and there is one arriving on Friday for you :D.

Just one more sleep! I'll be up around lunch time for it.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hey Senecio.

Just one more sleep!  I'll be up around lunch time for it.
    no probs, see you then

Brian

Picked up, installed, Wow!

What an amazing picture. It up scales full HD brilliantly but when you feed it native 4K, unbelievable.

Thanks again Richersounds

Picked up, installed, Wow!

What an amazing picture. It up scales full HD brilliantly but when you feed it native 4K, unbelievable.

Thanks again Richersounds
    Hey Senecio.

Excellent news that you are enjoying the new TV :D

Should we ever be able to help in the future drop us a call or post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.