Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points for Arts??

Options
  • 29-03-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey :)

I'm doing the Leaving in June and have Arts (Economics and Politics and International Relations) as my preferred choice. I'm really unsure of the the points work for it though. It says on Qualifax that they were 335 for Economics (Joint Honours) last year. Is this the same for every course in arts or are some (and some combinations) harder to get into than others? Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

That's about right in terms of general entry. Single subjects (e.g. English/Psychology) have significantly higher points requirements (425 and 505 respectively). There's a certain amount of first-come-first served in relation to general entry: but modules like English, History and Economics are able to accommodate very large numbers. Taken as single subjects, subjects like English will have additional modules exclusively for single-subject students that only a handful of people will be in.

Arts registration is always super complicated.

Specifics vary a lot depending on the subjects you are talking about. The Arts Programme Office would probably have the best access to information relating to individual areas.

Advertisement