Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong number connected

Options
  • 29-03-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Last week my mobile stopped working and when anyone called it they were getting through to someone completely different.
    What has happened is, the other person swapped providers from Vodafone to eir but ye cut my number off instead of hers. Our number is the same apart from the last digit.
    I have no phone since last Thursday.
    Can ye resolve this quickly please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

alexr1 wrote: »
    Last week my mobile stopped working and when anyone called it they were getting through to someone completely different.
    What has happened is, the other person swapped providers from Vodafone to eir but ye cut my number off instead of hers. Our number is the same apart from the last digit.
    I have no phone since last Thursday.
    Can ye resolve this quickly please ?
    Hi  alexr1,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is your mobile service with eir currently?

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alexr1

Hi  alexr1,

Pamela 

No, I'm with Vodafone as was the other person but when eir went to change her account from Vodafone they took my number instead. It was a typo error as the two numbers are almost the same apart from the last digit

Hi  alexr1,

Pamela 

No, I'm with Vodafone as was the other person but when eir went to change her account from Vodafone they took my number instead. It was a typo error as the two numbers are almost the same apart from the last digit
    Usually when a number port is processed the agent would ring the mobile number to ensure they are porting the correct number.
    Did you receive this call alexr1?
    If your number has been ported to eir, Vodaphone should be able to issue a port reversal, this usually takes 24-48 hours to complete.

Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alexr1

Usually when a number port is processed the agent would ring the mobile number to ensure they are porting the correct number.
    If your number has been ported to eir, Vodaphone should be able to issue a port reversal, this usually takes 24-48 hours to complete.

Pamela

No definitely didn't get any call, just got cut off. Haven't had my phone since last Thursday. Can you do anything on this ?

Pamela

No definitely didn't get any call, just got cut off. Haven't had my phone since last Thursday. Can you do anything on this ?
    Please feel free to send me your mobile number & pin & I can check if its on our systems  alexr1however I'm afraid I would be unable to reverse this. This would need to be requested by Vodaphone.

Pamela 

• Advertisement

I've had several ports done over the years and a LOT of the time, the verification call wasn't made. All of the providers seem to be guilty of this and what you see here is exactly why that call has to be made.

Karsini wrote: »
    I've had several ports done over the years and a LOT of the time, the verification call wasn't made. All of the providers seem to be guilty of this and what you see here is exactly why that call has to be made.
    I'm sorry to hear this  Karsini, I will be sure to relay your feedback.

-Pamela 

Advertisement