Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed bugs in rental property

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

How much was the exterminator btw?

I paid 400 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

1.618 wrote: »
    That's one alright. Cute eh !

More details needed ?
    Hover the whole floor with normal wide attachment (brush down)
    Using either no attachment or the pointy plastic/round brush attachment follow the gaps between the boards getting all the dust/debris/crap out of the gaps. Check curtains and blinds too.

As mentioned the skirting was the issue (one of their fav spots). Gaps between skirting and walls.
    I sprayed the stuff behind and under the skirting. Took care to spray behind the rad too.

Did that yesterday and not one has turned up since. There was one lone rogue in the bathroom though.

I will repeat all that anyway in a few days.
    Usual caveat with the spray- Kids, pets, for indoor use etc.

This is great, thanks! It seems to be the skirting board in my bedroom is the issue, I'm having trouble getting all the crap from between the floorboards with the Hoover, I might have to get more inventive!

Do you might me asking what spray you used? Is it ok for me to use in a bedroom or did you find it stinky or anything? Bit of a novice here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

All in post #53 ;) , No smell, it's a chemical so treat as such, read instructions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

How much was the exterminator btw?

I think it was €250 - €300. I think he was called to the house twice. But they never actually got rid of them as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭yqtwqxqm

ed94 wrote: »
    get a new bed

They dont actually live in the bed. They visit it at night for a meal :)
    They live under skirtings, inside wardrobes, inside doors, under furniture etc.
    Rentokil. Its your only option. you'll never get rid of them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

The OP hasn't confirmed if they are bed bugs yet. Are there any reputable exterminators in Ireland because getting rid of BBs is a hell of a task.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The OP hasn't confirmed if they are bed bugs yet. Are there any reputable exterminators in Ireland because getting rid of BBs is a hell of a task.

When it happened to me I moved out of the house but I followed the instructions from the exterminator to the t and I never suffered a recurrence. I remember my Dad helping me iron everything very carefully and if I couldn't boil wash it I just threw it out. You definitely won't get rid of them yourself, that's for sure.

Advertisement