Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola Boyne 10k - Sunday 1st May 2016

Options
  • 29-03-2016 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I don't see another thread anywhere for this and I'm not involved in this but just wanted to flag this for anyone interested - Early bird closes this Thursday. €5 is a €5 ;)

Enter online at www.boyne10k.ie

Entry fee is €20 before 31st March, €25 after 1st April. (* €1.40 online booking fee) and €30 after online registration has closed at midnight April 29th.

This is a very popular race every year with a decent course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Decent course as in interesting or pancake flat?
    If it's the latter I could be convinced. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

It's certainly not flat!!!

It's starts off flat for about 500 m then goes up a hill for about 1.5k . At this point you can see the boyne valley in all its glory . You then head down towards the river and over to the other side (course for this section is flat- with a bit downhill ). Scenery is spectacular with a bit of history on the side! .

At about 8k - there is an extremely steep long hill which probably goes on for-about 750m feels like more so not sure of exact distance . Then when you get to the top you get to sprint into town with an approx 1k down hill . Then just when your nearly home a short up hill where your welcomed onto the Main Street by the local samba band and huge crowd!

It's a great race , great atmosphere and great pub scene after!

I'm not affiliated with the race at all - just from the town and there is something special about racing in your home territory! All my distances above are just estimates !

Advertisement