Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary negotiation

Options
  • 29-03-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I did interviews with a potential employer in IT.

The first was introductory interview over skype which done by office manager. I was asked about the current profile, what company does and asked what is salary expectation, I told them the approximate amount expecting more serious discussion will happen later if I get selected. I was told they have 3 rounds of recruitment process.

I did the second round of technical test which went fantastic.

Third one was done with director of the company where again I was asked about my qualification and profile.

In the third round I thought there would be salary negotiation, I would be told salary breakdown, benefits etc. But it did not happen. I was hoping to get this job but as there was no salary negotiation happen, I am wondering if they have other better candidates available or they would call me back one more time for salary negotiation or the salary expectation quoted in the first round was taken for granted or I was thought of not worthy for the job so no salary negotiation happen.

What do you think guys must be happening here? Did I make a mistake by telling my salary expectation in the first round, do you think I am already disqualified because there was no salary negotiation in the third round.

Regards

Atwal

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Most likely if they are going to offer you a position they will give you the details of the salary and benefits they are offering at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

atwal wrote:
    What do you think guys must be happening here? Did I make a mistake by telling my salary expectation in the first round, do you think I am already disqualified because there was no salary negotiation in the third round.

You did right to set out your salary expectation then. As you've made it past the rounds at least its not going to be the final hurdle because , especially in IT, no one wants to hire someone only to think they will leave because their salary expectations weren't matched.

Advertisement