Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMac 2011 Temp issues

• 29-03-2016 5:49pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seriously concerned about my iMac temps, I previously had the graphics card fail back in September 2015 and Apple replaced it.

But the last few temps my iMac casing seems to be back running just as hot at the top only and especially on the top left hand side.

Here's my temps
    381689.png

If I put just the display into standby the temps drop back down so def graphics related (though HD running so hot is not good either!), here it is just after coming out of display being off for a few min

381690.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

looks ok to me, that iMac does get hot at the top - oh btw working in the industry for last 13 years, so not speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

Heat rises, there's no venting at the top...

What app are you using for readings?

Advertisement