Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage rate reduction query

Options
  • 29-03-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello we have 4 different mortgage accounts over the last 12 years. Today we received our notice of reduction of interest rates. They all have been reduced by .05% but one is €15 reduction for €199k and another one is €60k (roughly) which was also reduced by €15  while 2 others that are €100k(roughly) have only been reduced by €2 or €3. Can someone explain what is going on? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

bluepencil wrote: »
    Hello we have 4 different mortgage accounts over the last 12 years. Today we received our notice of reduction of interest rates. They all have been reduced by .05% but one is €15 reduction for €199k and another one is €60k (roughly) which was also reduced by €15  while 2 others that are €100k(roughly) have only been reduced by €2 or €3. Can someone explain what is going on? 
    Hi bluepencil, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

There are a few things that would need to be considered here including the original rate that was applied to each mortgage and the new rate for each mortgage following the reduction.

Without having access to the details of the accounts it would be difficult to determine why there are differing amounts.

However if you call Bank of Ireland mortgages on 01 611 3333 one of our advisers will be happy to take a look at each account and explain the changes in more details.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluepencil

There are a few things that would need to be considered here including the original rate that was applied to each mortgage and the new rate for each mortgage following the reduction.

Without having access to the details of the accounts it would be difficult to determine why there are differing amounts.

However if you call Bank of Ireland mortgages on 01 611 3333 one of our advisers will be happy to take a look at each account and explain the changes in more details.

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks nicola I did ring but was totally confused by answer so the girl is getting me a written explanation...
    This also brings me to a major bug bear.. Ringing bank of Ireland is the worst ever experience.. I have yet to have a query sorted without a minimum of 10 minutes holding.. This is 10 minutes without speaking to a human!! This last time I was 18 minutes and 36 seconds on the phone!!! Can you give me a complaints number please

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluepencil

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks nicola I did ring but was totally confused by answer so the girl is getting me a written explanation...
    This also brings me to a major bug bear.. Ringing bank of Ireland is the worst ever experience.. I have yet to have a query sorted without a minimum of 10 minutes holding.. This is 10 minutes without speaking to a human!! This last time I was 18 minutes and 36 seconds on the phone!!! Can you give me a complaints number please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

bluepencil wrote: »

Thanks
    Nicola

Good Afternoon bluepencil, 

Thank you for coming back to us and we are sorry to hear of the hold time you've experienced. 

We appreciate all our customers feedback and we will certainly forward your comments to the relevant area. Should you wish to log an official complaint please see our full process here on our website. 

Again, we apologies for any inconvenience caused in the past and recently. 

Elaine 

Advertisement