Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1916 Easter Rising Dublin City 5KM - 24TH April

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

KJ wrote: »
    Gets even better:
    Complimentary Tea & Coffee:
    Every participant will receive a complimentary tea or coffee @ the finish line this Sunday for the Dublin Remembers 1916 5K.

Getting good value out of this 11 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

T-shirt is decent enough. Wanted a 1916.2016 souvenir. Might as well be another running top :)
    20% off in Elverys was handy too cos I needed a couple of bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Dub13 wrote: »
    Getting good value out of this 11 euro.

Yes it is good value alright, looking forward to the run.
    11 euro is a great price considering how all other event prices appear to be sneaking up more and more in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

It is good value, and it's nice to have tea and coffee after etc, but I'd much prefer a finish time (even just a gun time) than a t-shirt! Can't believe an AAI event isn't timed at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Not going, unfortunately. I had a wisdom tooth extracted earlier this week, and am still on antibiotics and painkillers, so running this would be a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

aoboa wrote: »
    T-shirt is decent enough. Wanted a 1916.2016 souvenir. Might as well be another running top :)
    20% off in Elverys was handy too cos I needed a couple of bits.
    Are the t-shirts properly sized? I need a small so hopefully it is actually small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Are the t-shirts properly sized? I need a small so hopefully it is actually small.

It's small if you're a small man, big if you're a small woman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

I got medium and it's a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Great race, big turnout! Good atmosphere too! Didn't use bag drop but it seemed well-organised! and dublin bus were letting people get free buses to city centre after!

I thought twas fantastic value for €11, shame about no chip, but at the end of the day, it was nice once-off event for the day that's in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Fantastic event. Well organised. Lovely route. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Great run, was it a very fast course or just me? Have a cold at the moment and ran a PB which was great.

Couldn't figure out the shuttle buses so got the Luas back to town.

Would love it to be an anual event here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Great run, was it a very fast course or just me? Have a cold at the moment and ran a PB which was great.

Couldn't figure out the shuttle buses so got the Luas back to town.

Would love it to be an anual event here.

Seemed to be downhill alright

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Great event and well ran, its not often you get to run through the centre of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Really enjoyed it. Lovely atmosphere throughout. It was great running along the Liffey and seeing a sea of blue t-shirts bobbing along ahead of me. Great value for €11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Good gig alright, and nice mementos! Chilly but worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Not going, unfortunately. I had a wisdom tooth extracted earlier this week, and am still on antibiotics and painkillers, so running this would be a bad idea.

Ah here, sure they shot Connolly sitting in a chair...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Seemed to be downhill alright

APart from that kicker up towards the Gaol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I really enjoyed that, great organisation and nice and chill. I was glad it wasn't chipped by the end - it kept the cost down and therefore made it more accessible, and I think a race that isn't chip timed is less intimidating to newbies which is nice and encouraging. It was billed as a run rather than a race, and you could see today from the diverse crowd that it was a good tactic.

Folks were stopping to take photos at 1916 related landmarks along the way (unfortunately some had no awareness they were in a busy crowd) and several times I saw club runners stop and offer to take a photo for a group...if the race was timed you would not get that. I availed of the bag drop and the shuttle bus and both were completely hassle free.

Thank you organisers! I would continue to run this if it was annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Auntie Matter

That hill at the end was nasty! I've been more used to coming down it in the Run the Liberties 6K.

Not helped by some knobheads on their way back into town afterwards riding Dublin bikes on the course across the path of the back-of-the-pack participants.

Other than that, a very good event. The singing of Amhrán na bhFiann before the start and the trad band playing at the finish were nice touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Really enjoyed it. There's too much pressure for every run to provide expensive chip timing if you ask me. Definitely room for some non timed events in the calendar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I thought it was great!
    Found parking around Gardener St handy enough.
    I found the national anthem before the start quite nice!
    Course was great and relaxed.
    Didn't see any shuttle buses after - just got the luas!
    Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Really enjoyed the run despite the early start. It was very well organised and having the streets closed to run past so many landmarks was great. Good value for money as well.

Advertisement