Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile homes near coast in Wexford

Options
  • 29-03-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All

This is my first post but i would really appreciate any help. we have checked alot of mobile sites near the coast in wexford and are trying to decide between morriscastle and rosslare. morriscastle is probably slightly better in terms of beach and park but doesnt have the infrastructure of rosslare like kellys, swimming pool, coffee shops and bars in walking distance. I am slightly concerned that there is not much to do for teenagers in morriscastle or kilmuckridge.

we have been offered a 12 year old mobile for over 20,000 which seems like alot but i am not sure how to work out the depreciation or re sale value for second hand mobiles.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hi All

This is my first post but i would really appreciate any help. we have checked alot of mobile sites near the coast in wexford and are trying to decide between morriscastle and rosslare. morriscastle is probably slightly better in terms of beach and park but doesnt have the infrastructure of rosslare like kellys, swimming pool, coffee shops and bars in walking distance. I am slightly concerned that there is not much to do for teenagers in morriscastle or kilmuckridge.

we have been offered a 12 year old mobile for over 20,000 which seems like alot but i am not sure how to work out the depreciation or re sale value for second hand mobiles.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

Rosslare might be your best option,even if the teenagers want to head into Wexford they can take the bus or the train.As you say there are more things for them to do down there,even day trips to Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'd echo Fortyfoot20's comments, go for Rosslare. Far more going for it on the whole than the other places you've mentioned.

It's many a summer I spent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fortyfoot20

Thanks for replies. I agree Rosslare has more going on and is busier but we are based in dublin so it is 1.45/2 hr commute. so we are trying to balance the facilities of rosslare with morriscastle which is only an hours drive so you could do a return day trip if teenagers had something on. does anyone have experience of teenagers in morriscastle or kilmuckridge? beach is fab so i think younger kids will be happy hanging out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I don't know where you are in Dublin, but if Morriscastle is only an hour away from you, then Rosslare is certainly not 1.45

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Rosslare is a longer drive (not that much longer though), but I can't see that there is a whole lot for teenagers in Morriscastle, unless there are other teenagers for hang out with. Rosslare has plenty of infrastructure, outside of the mobile parks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

roads to morriscastle are crap for a start, very isolated and definitley nothing to do in kilmuckridge, rosslare has great main roads and more accessible to go places and do things than morriscastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

My folks had a mobile in Kilmuckridge for 15 years. Theres nothing there for teenagers. There are a lot more areas than Rosslare and Kilmuckridge though in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

pablo128 wrote: »
    My folks had a mobile in Kilmuckridge for 15 years. Theres nothing there for teenagers. There are a lot more areas than Rosslare and Kilmuckridge though in Wexford.

There are other teenagers of the opposite sex and sometimes that can be an even bigger problem.:rolleyes:

Generally the mobile home sites in Kilmuckridge are quite a long way from the village itself so unless there is some sort of on site entertainment it can get a bit boring, especially for the older teens.

Advertisement