Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth Manager

Options
  • 29-03-2016 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for a bandwidth manager, free if possible. I was using Netbalancer which was brilliant but only a trial :( I just need to set a limit on my upload as I use a piece of software that's maxing it out :/

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

https://netbalancer.com/download
    Unregistered Version Limitations
    The unregistered version is limited to a maximum of 3 process priorities/limits and 3 rules at a time. Since version 6.0 all other limits have been removed.
    For a full list of NetBalancer's features click on the link below:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's strange, I only had one rule and one limit in place. Will look into it, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

Hi

Have you logged onto your broadband router to see if that has the features, lots of them do now as it comes for free with Linux/BSD which lots of them are based on.

If not then
    "https://www.netlimiter.com/products/nl4Application is still in testing period and for FREE for all users, but with restricted usage period. However, registered user can use it without any restrictions."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thanks to you both. I have reinstalled Netbalancer. When the trial finished previously finished it was maxing the upload but seems fine now and is uploading at the max I've set. Maybe I needed to restart it when the trial finished... I dunno but sorted now. Thanks again :)

Advertisement