Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Slovakia, Setanta Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Really he was **** in the first half done a few touches in the second-overrated

wessi me bollix

Will ya stop, he's like Pelé's and Zidane's lovechild compared to most of the other muck around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The Slovaks are hilariously cynical and negative for a friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Christie has been great down the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Playing well at the start of this 2nd half, was expecting the game to fizzle out, but it's been very competitive up to now. Skrtel trying to be a smartass with McLean, hopefully McLean will keep the head, he has played very well tonight.

Already said it on the Ireland thread but really dont agree here, McClean is doing what he always do which is very little on the ball and run around chasing it when he doesnt have it. Think its the reason hes upfront today, he cant affect the tactics if hes chasing as a striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Duff wrote: »
    Christie has been great down the right.

Seems like its been a while since we were real covered on the right but with himself and Seamus Im very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

astonaidan wrote: »
    Seems like its been a while since we were real covered on the right but with himself and Seamus Im very happy

I wish one of them was Irwinesque and able to switch to the left...............we need someone there so badly. Brady is ok at left back, but he'd be targeted as a weakness by better sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

When Mcgeady doing his stuff I think he's brilliant to watch, there's real talent there. Just a pity he doesn't seem to do it consistently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

How has McGeady being getting on at Sheffield Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Wes has to start in fiance.

Our only creative spark.

It is probably not the forum for it and i don't like giving relationship advice , but if you feel this way already I'd call off the wedding and leave her to Wes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

JamBur wrote: »
    I wish one of them was Irwinesque and able to switch to the left...............we need someone there so badly. Brady is ok at left back, but he'd be targeted as a weakness by better sides

Wilson an option for left back maybe ?

Otherwise got to be Brady.

Always worried to see Ward there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Played well in the first half but second half was poor with no striker. Slovakia did well closing all the space when they knew a high ball wasn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

That first half was cracking viewing.

I'm not even worried about McShane after tonight, there's just no way he'll get any minutes in the Euros now.

Hoolahan was sublime.

The narrow midfield caused us some trouble defensively, but I like how MON varies things quite a bit within his general formation plan. It's another tool in the box and in another game, it could be exactly what we need.

I liked the positive approach to the game tonight. The players looked to have been encouraged to try passing the ball about and to be a bit patient. If we go into the tournament games in the summer with that approach, then I'll be delighted. The worry is that MON will go back into his shell, like he did during the qualifiers (particularly the away games).

Advertisement