Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mooring for this season .

• 29-03-2016 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all .....
    Right i am thinking of changing my mooring at present my boat is up in enniskillen co fermanagh . which is a 2 & a half hour drive which i hate i am trying to get a place that is closer to dublin that is good and as cheap as possible the boat in Question is a hardy pilot 20 .
    Any suggestions welcome . freshwater or seawater but i would prefer freshwater if possible at the right price .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

What about getting a EMP and CMP for the canal's/ River Barrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭snowwolf

What is that i never heard of either of them . please explain in depth . thanks

its ok i googled it looks interesting i will investigate the possibilities cheers . i am looking for somewhere to do a bit of boating and also somewhere to keep the boat in the winter on dry land . so really i am looking for a marina that is cheap any ideas guys . which one is the best value for money ?

thanks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

For me Athlone has the best balance for freshwater cruising Vs. commute distance from Dublin (90min). Quigleys or Lakeside marina's are both excellent.

Although if I had your boat I'd love to do a trip on the Barrow, don't know if there is the navigation to keep me interested however.

We brought a boat from Shannon Harbour to Lowtown many years ago and the trip bored me half to death so skip that bit with the trailer imo. Royal Canal is supposed to be more scenic however.

Security wise I think you need to be keeping the boat secure in a marina or otherwise, especially with an outboard.

thanks for your reply .
    Well all in all i have checked around and the mooring fee,s are mad . so i will just have put up with the long drive where i have it for the price and the service i can't go wrong and it half of what the marinas want in the republic so i have paid the mooring for this season and have it in the water . new mast put on her . fresh antifoul and a few changes to the inside so all in all im very happy with her and roll on the good weather .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

This just came up on Apollo Duck might be worth a look. http://www.apolloduck.ie/display.phtml?aid=467073

Thats a great deal and well worth it i think .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

What were the costs for the Athlone ones out of interest?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Bio Mech wrote: »
    What were the costs for the Athlone ones out of interest?

I priced Lakeside and it was €20 a week for a 30 foot boat.

where is lakeside ?

• Advertisement

snowwolf wrote: »
    where is lakeside ?

Athlone
    http://lakesidemarina.ie/contact-us/

looks nice . here fergal what do i do . just keep teak oiling . or a all in one stain and varnish . what would you do .

fergal.b wrote: »
    I priced Lakeside and it was €20 a week for a 30 foot boat.

Thanks Fergal. I have recently been, hmmmm..., forced out of boat ownership (I will start a thread). But I am looking to get back in with a cruiser in the next year or so and around Ree is my usual stomping ground. Its not too bad a price and its a good spot there. I would be 30 foot max so around a grand I can swallow.

I have just rang lakeside marina and its 1500 euros for 12 months mooring .

Here is one in Athlone for €1200 http://www.adverts.ie/boats/bert-for-rent/10222866

worth looking into looks nice aswell but it is double what i am paying at the moment . I have already paid for my mooring for this year . and it cost me 668 euros .540 sterling in castle archdale in enniskillen .470 sterling for the mooring. 20 sterling to have the boat put in the water and 50 sterling hard standing for the winter months boat park secure . so that all adds up to 540 sterling . which is 668 euros you ain't going to get cheaper than that anywhere because i have search everywhere .

snowwolf wrote: »
    I have just rang lakeside marina and its 1500 euros for 12 months mooring .

Thanks for that!

your welcome .

Advertisement