Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benbulben apartments?

Options
  • 29-03-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone know how good these accomodations are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Not great and out of town.
    Don't......!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leocolceathrar

How far out of town and how bad?

Be grand for a stag or something if that's your plan but if it's a family break I wouldn't. I'd say about 1km, there wouldn't be anything of interest around it either.

Be grand for a stag or something if that's your plan but if it's a family break I wouldn't. I'd say about 1km, there wouldn't be anything of interest around it either.

1 km certainly is not far where I live!

Can walk that in a matter of minutes!

Thanks anyways.:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Presuming that you're on about the apartments next to the Clarion hotel I'd recommend them. They're more akin to the quality of a 4 star hotel room. They're well within walking distance of town(10-15 mins) on a relatively quite area and are on a side of town that still has a bus service.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Bebo!

1 km certainly is not far where I live!

Can walk that in a matter of minutes!

Thanks anyways.:eek::)

Well obviously yeah all depends if you've small kids or not.

Have a look at the reviews on trip advisor, or maybe don't if you've already booked....!

Well obviously yeah all depends if you've small kids or not.

Have a look at the reviews on trip advisor, or maybe don't if you've already booked....!

Have you stayed there?

Have you stayed there?

Unfortunately

It is what it is. Student accommodation turned over to holiday makers when the kids aren't using them. As long as you set your expectations accordingly. Sadly, I based mine on the the brochure and price I paid.

Unfortunately

It is what it is. Student accommodation turned over to holiday makers when the kids aren't using them. As long as you set your expectations accordingly. Sadly, I based mine on the the brochure and price I paid.

So what was wrong with the accomodations other than the 1 km distance problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Student accommodation

That's the issue. Consider the market its aimed at.

That's the issue. Consider the market its aimed at.

And what is that supposed to mean? Students something 2 or 3rd class?

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Wow!

Wow what? Not everything is about discrimination you know.

Its supposed to mean that Student accommodation isn't nor was it ever designed as high end, due to the age and lifestyle of students (I mean house parties and such, in case you go getting offended again). Its designed to be basic, cheap and low maintenance. Therefore you can expect it to reflect that

Wow what? Not everything is about discrimination you know.

Its supposed to mean that Student accommodation isn't nor was it ever designed as high end, due to the age and lifestyle of students (I mean house parties and such, in case you go getting offended again). Its designed to be basic, cheap and low maintenance. Therefore you can expect it to reflect that

No offense taken.

Something basic , cheap and low maintance can still be acceptable for many.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm not aware of any students havng lived in these. The only thing I could see them being suitable for is short term, like those at a FAS course. You sure you're not getting these mixed up with the Clarion Village? Which is run by a seperate company for student accomodation.

So what was wrong with the accomodations other than the 1 km distance problem?

No issues with location. We knew where they were beforehand.

Hole in the plasterboard wall from living area to bedroom, you could see from one room into the other!
    Ripped couch,
    TV didn't work.
    Ripped bed linen.
    Broken toilet.
    Broken tiles in bathroom.
    Beeping smoke alarm that I still hear in my nightmares.
    Shower didn't have cold water so you couldn't use it.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

No issues with location. We knew where they were beforehand.

Hole in the plasterboard wall from living area to bedroom, you could see from one room into the other!
    Ripped couch,
    TV didn't work.
    Ripped bed linen.
    Broken toilet.
    Broken tiles in bathroom.
    Beeping smoke alarm that I still hear in my nightmares.
    Shower didn't have cold water so you couldn't use it.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

How long ago did you stay there?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

I live near these apartments and use the Clarion Hotel, so if you need any advice on the area etc, be sure and ask. The area itself is very quiet and respectful.

The Benbulben apartments are not the Student Accommodation, Thats Clarion Village Apartments right beside. The Benbulben Apartments are attached to the hotel.

Carson10 wrote: »
    I live near these apartments and use the Clarion Hotel, so if you need any advice on the area etc, be sure and ask. The area itself is very quiet and respectful.

The Benbulben apartments are not the Student Accommodation, Thats Clarion Village Apartments right beside. The Benbulben Apartments are attached to the hotel.

Thanks very much for the info. I am going to book 5 nights at the Benbulben apartments and hope for the best. Cannot believe that it is all that bad.

Thanks again.

Carson10 wrote: »

Jesus are they not, I thought they were as well. How in the hell was mine in the state it was so. They're not part of the Clarion though are they because when I tried to get my money back I was sent in the direction of a management company who quite literally just ignored me.

• Advertisement

OK thanks everyone.

I stayed there for 5 nights this past week and was very pleased with everything.
    No problems with anything. 15 min walk to downtosn pubs.

Staff was great and very friendly.

Would recommend to all.

Had a great time in Sligo and to top it off the weather was good and even walked up to Knocknarea one morning just for kicks. Great view from summit!

Advertisement