Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality of rental properties in Ireland..

Options
  • 29-03-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Posts removed from my thread without reason and:

"Dear kneesox,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

athtrasna"

I wasn't trolling anyone at all.
    Please look into it

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi kneesox, per the flow-chart above, can you please confirm that you have PM'd the mod who infracted you? If not, the first step in the DRP is to attempt to resolve the issue via PM with the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kneesox

Toots wrote: »
    Hi kneesox, per the flow-chart above, can you please confirm that you have PM'd the mod who infracted you? If not, the first step in the DRP is to attempt to resolve the issue via PM with the mod.

I think I did, I also posted message saying she shouldn't remove posts I found helpful

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Can you please forward me the PM's you sent/received?

This is pm:

"My message wasn't cousing stress to anyone. This isn't trolling, this is a reasonable reaction to unreasonable delating posts from my thread that I have found interesting. "

-haven't received any reply

Thanks kneesox, can you confirm what time you sent this PM? I spoke to the mod just before I posted here last night at around midnight, and up to that point they had only received one PM from you which said "I am going to report you"

If it was sent after this, we do usually ask that you allow a mod a little time to get back to you, they are not online all the time.

• Advertisement

So I have received reply that In my opinion makes no sense and is biased.. whats next?

I'll investigate and decide whether or not to uphold the infraction. If I uphold it, you can then appeal to an Admin, who will review it and then their decision is final.

It'll take me a bit of time to run through all the information and read through the thread in Accommodation & Property. I'll post back here either later on tonight or else early tomorrow.

Ok, so I've read through the thread and I do think that an infraction was warranted for your behaviour. Your attitude on that thread overall was pretty poor, and you already got a warning for arguing with another poster. Arguing with a moderator on-thread is not allowed on any of the forums on the site. If you have a problem or query about a mod action you need to PM them to discuss it.

Here is the relevant section in the Boards.ie Guidelines & FAQs
    It is against the rules to argue with a moderator action in such a way that it drags a discussion off-topic from its original goal (short: never argue with a mod in-thread - it almost always leads to a ban). Always attempt to message the moderator via the Private Messaging system before making a scene out of something.

It's also pretty much the first thing mentioned in the Accommodation & Property forum Charter.
    Questioning a mod action in a thread is considered off topic and unhelpful posting and may result in a ban from the forum.

Whether or not your actions might not be described as full on 'trolling', when a mod is giving an infraction there is a drop-down list of options to pick, so they choose the one most appropriate. In this case, athrasna chose 'trolling' however 'breach of forum charter' might be more appropriate, so if you wish I can have your 'trolling' infraction removed, but I will be replacing it with one for 'breach of forum charter'.

So in conclusion, I'm upholding your infraction and you have the option of having the notation beside it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response from OP in over 2 weeks. Marking as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement