Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A complaint in relation to an on-thread comment made by a moderator

Options
  • 29-03-2016 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

I had a thread running in AH in relation to me being drugged. I received a fair amount of ridicule which is fine with me.

What is NOT fine with me however is a moderator stepping in and reprimanding me, on said thread.

A: It undermines the message

B: It undermines the message

If said mod had red-carded me or whatever it is that you do for a specific post? Fair game.

However, what the mod did was ridicule me in his post and accuse me of aggressive posting.

Not only does it stifle free speech, it encourages victim blaming. Basically, I could be dead today. That simple. I was literally trying to make something positive happen as a result of my near death. Just prevent one death.

This forum is frequented by teenagers. You have a social responsibility to moderate accordingly. Your moderator's comments on my thread are very insulting to me and damaging to any other victims (of whatever crime) to speak out.

I want a full apology from the moderator. Yes - it means that much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please provide a link to the post that you specifically have an issue with. Thanks.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is the post that you want a "full apology" for...
    Boom_Bap wrote:
    Thread Closed for review.

I have not read this whole thread yet, but there are a flurry of reported posts. I've looked at the last couple of pages of posts and can see that there is alot of aggression on the thread, and only from the OP.
    TheHillOfDoom - I appreciate this is a bad situation to be in, but AH is not a punching bag to let your frustration out on.

Seriously? The mod was more than polite. If you are so horribly offended by that post, I would suggest that the Internet is not for you.

There's been enough time wasted on that thread with you ignoring very good advice from our members about your own neglect of your social responsibility. I am not wasting any more time on a mountain being made out of the tiniest of molehills here.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement