Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Float/Worm spots near cork city?

• 29-03-2016 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Having moved to cork i'm not familiar with the waters here. I'm not a salmon/sea trout fisherman, but am looking into joining lee/cork anglers to get a permit to go after brownies and scratch the fly itch. I'm also not much of a "true" coarse angler in the sense that working a method feeder waiting for carp/tench bores me to tears.

In the interim i'm wondering what my options for some worm/maggot/etc and float fishing might be? More interested in just getting out now that the weather is a bit better and reeling in and throwing back some little bream/rudd/etc. I know the lough has more then just carp in it but not sure to what extent.

I've read through the IFI list. I spent a very windy day at inisleena but had no luck. I was going to go to aderra but it says it's closed for now. I saw some mention here about some grotto on the north side of the lee across from the fields thats public? My next great plan is to head up to fermoy to the reservoir and try that. Just wondering if i'm going about this all wrong?

Not looking for secret spots, just for some bit of water within half an hour of the city that i can toss a worm 10 yards from the bank and scratch the itch. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

If your after small coarse fish your better off getting a permit for inniscarra lake. 30 euro for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Try out Inniscarra direction by the regional park up towards the dam. Some good trout pools all around that stretch. You can park in Inniscarra graveyard and work up or down the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lumberjacket

Thanks for the ideas. I did spent some time at inniscarra at the inisleena section, worked down most of the old roadway but no joy. it's such a big piece of water i didn't really know where to start tbh.

and huddle, that's a club stretch of the cork salmon anglers isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Thanks for the ideas. I did spent some time at inniscarra at the inisleena section, worked down most of the old roadway but no joy. it's such a big piece of water i didn't really know where to start tbh.

and huddle, that's a club stretch of the cork salmon anglers isn't it?

Erm.. I guess it is.. tbh I don't take any notice of the clubs. I fish for trout only, normally chat away to club members. Although you get the odd fella trying to intimidate you alright but that's life. If I go upto to the dam I buy a half day permit for 10e, never caught anything up there mind.

Advertisement