Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring photos from old phone to new one

Options
  • 29-03-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please.

I currently have a very old and battered Nokia Lumia 610 pay as you go phone. My wife bought me a new Samsung A3 so I was wondering what's the handiest way of moving all my photos and videos from my old phone to the new one?

The memory on the Nokia isn't large enough to download Dropbox. Is "copy my data" android only? Tried to download it but nothing happens.
    Can't get the phones to pair via Bluetooth.

Any advice would be gratefully received!
    Many thanks in advance for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could try the photos with Bluetooth or email them. Does the phone have a memory card, are the pictures on it?

As for your contacts, got to you web browser, log into your live account, (same one as on the phone) export your phone contacts to your live account, then export your live contacts to your desktop and then import your contact file into gmail. Sync contacts with new phone. (Not as hard as it sounds, Google is your friend)

First try the Samsung smart switch on your desktop and see does it recognises the lumina or see is the Samsung smart switch app in the live marketplace. It's a while since I've looked.

Advertisement