Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kissed A Co-Worker/Friend. What now?

Options
  • 29-03-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Recently I (F) started developing feelings for a co-worker (M). I would consider this co-worker a good friend also, we would hang out from time to time outside of office hours with other friends, we have private jokes and would regularly text each other funny tid-bits.

I've been trying my best to ignore how I feel over the last few months and carry on as normal and thought the feelings may fade eventually.

On Friday night we bumped into each other on a night out with our respective friends, it was nothing to do with work. We were both fairly drunk. Me more than him. We had a few more drinks and things became hazy. I can't really remember what was said or what exactly happened but I know for sure that we kissed.

The next day he text me with an embarrassed face and we basically acknowledged it happened and moved the conversation on.

Today was the first day we actually saw each other since. The morning was extremely awkward with us not being able to look each other in the eye but as the day moved on things thawed a bit and we were alright with each other by the end of the day.

I'm just looking for some advice, I'm not 100% sure if the feeling is mutual and I don't know whether or not I should address it with him after things settle down a bit. I know work relations aren't the greatest idea hence trying to ignore my feelings before but drink intervened! It's been hard not to think about it since!

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

To be honest, I'd say most people who may reply will have done something they maybe shouldn't have done under the influence of alcohol.

I kissed a good friend of mine before after a night out. Nothing more. Just a kiss. Our reactions were much like yours. Short texts, awkward moments when we saw each other. But we moved past it because we believed our friendship was far more important.

We still joke about it the odd time because we're comfortable in doing so.

Did either of you bring it up in conversation when you were ok with each other at the end of the day.

If you're good friends, you can probably just brush it off as a drunken mistake and move on but from your post you maybe want something to come of it judging by your opening sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

On the whole, work relationships aren't a great idea in case things don't work out. But.. if he kissed you back he *might* have underlying feelings there too. Please don't get your hopes up, but if you really like him it might be worth trying to find out?

He's already broken the ice, but could be unsure about how you feel. I think Id invite him for a coffee, and just chat about what happened. If you talk about it, it removes the guess work one way or the other :)

Advertisement