Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about TheHillBilly

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

I am aggrrieved to read your response to my complaint.

Suggesting that the internet is not for me is wrong on so many levels that I won't even begin to cite them.

I will take this to media if I need to.

It's my fault for being on the internet? That's what you're saying. If not - please clarify what you are saying.

It's my fault for drinking etc. etc.

If I was raped would it be my fault for being drugged and hence not able to say NO?

Be very careful how you answer this as every word will be published if needs be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm going to cut you some slack & ignore your threats.

You are reading way too much into other members' posts. Step back from the keyboard, take a few deep breaths, & come back to boards tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

I don't need any slack. I'm not on a leash. You can do what you like, as can I. There are laws governing the internet, just as there are laws governing uncivilised society. If you patronise me one more time, either by a suggestion to leave the internet or come back tomorrow, no threat, but be prepared to stand over your comments in media.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK, I made my reasons clear why you would not receive an apology from the mod. Also, you will not receive an apology from me for closing the earlier thread. The advice that I gave was sincere.

If you do wish to bring this matter to the attention of the media - be my guest. Beware that people disagreeing on the Internet isn't exactly headline news these days.

I would hope that you would take my advice though & come back to discuss this tomorrow when things may seem a bit more clear.

All the best,

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

I will discuss this tomorrow and if no apology is forthcoming I will go to the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

As you've made a complaint about TheHillBilly I will jump in here.

I've reviewed your thread in AH. In terms of the closing note from the mod as TheHillBilly ruled there is no action required there by us.

Now to this complaint. Again reading the other HD thread and TheHillBilly's posts and closing note there is again no action needed or warranted.

However - your threats here of "going to the media" - in my simple mind that is one step from the site bannable thread of taking legal action. Just like all the other mods, cmods and admin notes elsewhere on your other threads I'd suggest you step away from the keyboard for a while and work on dealing with your anger. I get you need to lash out but directing it here is now just going to result in a permanent ban on your account. TheHillBilly might be cutting you some slack but frankly I'm not that nice of a person and should I see a repeat of the lashing out here I will ban you - as much to protect the other posters here as to protect you.

In the meantime - go talk with a professional. That could be legal to see if you have any recourse with the pub or the doctor or a trained professional to help you deal with the strong emotions that are burning through you right now.

You clearly need assistance in working through the rage you're feeling and if you don't your relationship might well suffer the consequences, unfairly I must add. Remember, your OH is as much as a victim here as you, in his case he was lucky to make it home that is the only difference here.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement