Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Insurance for CBR600RR

• 30-03-2016 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 21 nozen

Hi guys.
    I was wondering what would the insurance be for a cbr600rr 2007+ ?

I have B license for 10 years and A license for about half a year (EU country).
    It would be the first insurance I would get in this country, both moto or auto.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

nozen wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Thanks.
    Ring the companies and get a quote, no point asking here as there are so many variables that affect price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nozen

I wanted to get a reference from you. I've read that I should be avoiding any motorbikes that has 'R' in its name as those models increase the insurance costs.

What other factors are considered when getting a quote? Since I have A category for half a year, would I be considered as a learner here?

I have the chance to get this model at a very good price (almost 2k under market price) but I won't be buying it if the insurance is more than 800e per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Factors would include (based on questions you are asked when enquiring):
    Age of bike
    Is it restricted or not depending on your license requirements
    location of where its kept/stored at night, what security is on the bike or where its kept.

Give the companies a call first before committing to your bike. Try Liberty, Carole Nash, Principal, Adelaide & MCE Insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

You really wont be able to get any form of accurate figure from someone here.
    But the odds are only Liberty Insurance are the only ones who will Insure you as you dont have a NCB on a bike yet.

You also need to figure out if they will insure you at all if you have a license from another country and not an Irish one. YOu may need to trade in your license for an Irish one.

Really your best to just call around and see what the companies say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 nozen

goodlad wrote: »
    You really wont be able to get any form of accurate figure from someone here.
    But the odds are only Liberty Insurance are the only ones who will Insure you as you dont have a NCB on a bike yet.

You also need to figure out if they will insure you at all if you have a license from another country and not an Irish one. YOu may need to trade in your license for an Irish one.

Really your best to just call around and see what the companies say.

Trading my license for an irish one won't be a problem, unless I have to go through learner process again :-)

I am also concerned with this NCB. I had no claims for 10 years(since I got my B license) in my country. Maybe it would help bringing a statement from there.

Bike has alarm and imobiliser but there is no garage for storing at night.

Unfortunately your no claims wont count here for you.

Even for Irish residents, a NCB on a car doesnt count for a bike.
    They are kept separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Best thing is to just ring the companies above and see what they say.

nozen wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Thanks.

age 28
    0 years ncb on a bike
    Same length of time full licence as you
    GSXR 600 2007
    Garaged
    €580 from Adelaide

It could be alot higher because yours isnt an original Irish licence.

get them on 048 9044 2200

Advertisement