Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting front garden to a driveway

Options
  • 30-03-2016 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

As the title suggests I'm in the process of converting my front garden into a driveway.

Planning permission has been submitted with necessary drawings etc and shouldn't be a problem as most of the estate have done the same.
    But I was just thinking, the drawings didn't show anything about possible pipes, gas pipes etc that could be under the garden.

How do I go about finding out if there is anything like that which could problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

I don't know myself but I'd strongly suggest this forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=876
    You'd get some good answers there I'd expect.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Montiii wrote: »
    As the title suggests I'm in the process of converting my front garden into a driveway.

Planning permission has been submitted with necessary drawings etc and shouldn't be a problem as most of the estate have done the same.
    But I was just thinking, the drawings didn't show anything about possible pipes, gas pipes etc that could be under the garden.

How do I go about finding out if there is anything like that which could problems?

The planning application is separate to the construction stage. The planning drawings should be used as a guide.

When you appoint a builder, it will be his responsibility to thread carefully and be on the lookout for buried cables such as water, ESB or gas.

Advertisement