Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TWW - Two Week Wait

Options
  • 30-03-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would set up a little thread for anyone going through the dreaded TWW (two week wait). This is the wait between ovulation and testing and can feel like a two month wait.

I've 2 days left before I can test. I have several TWW's during my 4 1/2 years trying to conceive. Most seem to go by generally uneventful. I do the usual symptom watch. Normally over analyzing every twinge and cramp. This current TWW feels like it has gone on FOREVER!!!!

I'm not brave enough to test before the real test date. I've heard to many people getting false positives of false negavites. Also not sure I would believe the result either way.

So trying hard to keep distracted for the next two days. I keep playing scenarios over in my head... the nurse rings and says good news... or bad news... She says its negative... she says it's positive ....

Driving myself mad!!! Does anyone else do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'm with you sticky.I've another 11 days tho and this time I don't want to test early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thinking of you! Fingers and toes crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gossipgirl24

Ok so I will give you a bit of background i Have pcos and im overweight by couple stone. Iv recently lost 2 stone (Again)
    It took us around 4 years of on/off trying to concieve with my Son. Since i was a teen my periods rarely came like maybe once or twice a year if i was lucky enough. Now since i have been eating alot of wholefoods and not processed my periods have been coming around every 28-34 days. (which is amazing for me ) I am day 38 today. for over a week now i have been soo tired , breaking out in spots bigtime, My boobs have been really heavy for the last week and now since yesterday my nipples have gotten hard and sensitive. I have took a tesco pregnancy test and a cheapie dealz pound shop test and both have been negative.
    Just wondering what people think do yous think i could still be pregnant? The last day we had sex was not monday but monday before so that was 21st march and we dtd regurally from my last period till then.. Im so impatient i wish a pregnancy test would come up positive or my period comes so we can start the month again haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi Gossipgirl, I would say you are definitely not out yet.

I can only imagine how hard your two week wait is, not knowing when it starts. Have you tried temping to give you a better idea of when you ovulate?

If it is only 9 days since you last DTD you might be very early. Maybe give it a few days and try testing again? x

I am with you though. Either I want to see a BFP or else my period. The waiting is such a killer.

Really Silly question but what do i have to do to start temping i think i will start once i get my period

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think the Pregnancy Analyser thing in Fertility Friend is terrible for the 2ww - it tallys up any symptoms you input and gives a score predicting how likely it is that you're pregnant. It's dreadful for getting your hopes up though. Mine gave me a really high score but I wasn't pregnant. AF arrived at 12 DPO. I suppose at least I was put out of my misery a little early.

Really Silly question but what do i have to do to start temping i think i will start once i get my period

There is a good article on here:

http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-chart

You can get a basal thermometer online I think I got mine on eBay and it was with 2 decimal points. You can start when you have your next period :)

Toots wrote: »
    I think the Pregnancy Analyser thing in Fertility Friend is terrible for the 2ww - it tallys up any symptoms you input and gives a score predicting how likely it is that you're pregnant. It's dreadful for getting your hopes up though. Mine gave me a really high score but I wasn't pregnant. AF arrived at 12 DPO. I suppose at least I was put out of my misery a little early.

Oh that sounds awful! I had never heard of that before.

Funny how premenstrual and pregnancy symptoms are almost identical :mad:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's good in a way because for each DPO you get to, it gives a statistic for how many positive pregnancy tests were reported that day, so it sorta put me off testing too early and wasting money on a tonne of tests, but if you were looking at it from a purely mathematical POV it looked likely that I was going to be pregnant, but as we know it doesn't work like that :pac:

When I was pregnant with my son I suspected very early on that I was pregnant (constantly crying, I ended up full on sobbing into a box of tissues over one of those Dogs Trust ads) but was trying not to get my hopes up. Then the day before I got the BFP I got that 'period' feeling that I'd always get right before AF started and I just thought "well that's just great, I should have known" but the next day (day period was due) it hadn't arrived and got the positive test.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

just started the dreaded TWW here! 1 dpo!! Hopefully it flies by! Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Starts next Wednesday. Given our past experiences it isn't a TWW its a 9 month wait! Sorry for the doom & gloom

Hi we are ttc no. 2 I have a 21 month old ds. so my periods are very irregular I'm on day 52 of my cycle . Yesterday just for the crack I decided I'd take a really cheap pregnancy test that I bought online and the faintest of lines showed up I had to squint to see this line. So I ran out bought first response test and had faint line . I don't know when I would of ovulated so iv no idea what dpo I am . Anyway so this morning I got up at 5 to test and forgot and peed in the toilet so I drank lots water and at 9am I did the test had very faint line but was lighter then yesterday's. This afternoon I took another test was lighter then yesterday's but darker then this mornings . Has anyone else had simular and everything been ok? I read somewhere that water can dilute the urine so im hoping that's it and just that I'm very early gone . Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated I'm driving myself crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Hi we are ttc no. 2 I have a 21 month old ds. so my periods are very irregular I'm on day 52 of my cycle . Yesterday just for the crack I decided I'd take a really cheap pregnancy test that I bought online and the faintest of lines showed up I had to squint to see this line. So I ran out bought first response test and had faint line . I don't know when I would of ovulated so iv no idea what dpo I am . Anyway so this morning I got up at 5 to test and forgot and peed in the toilet so I drank lots water and at 9am I did the test had very faint line but was lighter then yesterday's. This afternoon I took another test was lighter then yesterday's but darker then this mornings . Has anyone else had simular and everything been ok? I read somewhere that water can dilute the urine so im hoping that's it and just that I'm very early gone . Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated I'm driving myself crazy.

You have posted the same question in 5 different threads....

Hi , I don't really know how boards works is it not ok to do that? I wasn't sure where is best to post . I will delete my posts .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Get another test and use it first thing in the morning tomorrow. There's a reason why you're supposed to use FMU, your hormones are more concentrated at that time.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi , I don't really know how boards works is it not ok to do that? I wasn't sure where is best to post . I will delete my posts .

Mod:

Hi Gossipgirl24, welcome to Boards. I'm going to tidy up your posts for you. From your post, it looks like this thread might be the best one to get chatting so I'll leave your post there.

Generally, you post your query on an appropriate thread, or even start your own one if you are not sure where your post might fit.

Neyite wrote:
    Mod:

Neyite wrote:
    Generally, you post your query on an appropriate thread, or even start your own one if you are not sure where your post might fit.

Thank you. I'm using a app on my phone and I couldn't figure out how to start my own thread or where really is the right place . Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

l

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod Note:

Hello everyone, :)

We'd like to explain that while using abbreviations like DS, DD, DH etc is common on some other forums on t'internet, Boards generally discourage the usage of them as they feel its confusing and exclusionary.

Generally, us mods here in parenting are happy enough to overlook some acronyms that are specific to conception in this particular sub-forum, (within reason - baby dance or BD is just awful terminology, sorry!) but we'd prefer that people not use the generic DS, DD, DH etc that you would see elsewhere, here on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

Hi guys...
    on day 20 of the tww....just wishing it would hurry up...this is my first cycle using ovitrelle injection..
    i.have taken some hpt and i got four faint positives so im not sure if thats the ijection or if i am pregnant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

I get a little spotting a week before my period actually arrives, so its really only a one week wait for me. Unfortunately in my case at the minute it just means I know a week earlier that I am not pregnant...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I'm in my two-week wait now. I had a really weird ovulation cycle this month. Normally I get one positive LH surge but I got 2 or 3 this month.

I've started temping but really unsure of what I'm doing.

Hope it's a good omen Luna!

Panic stations in the Luna household this morning! I have been putting my temp into FF and P Tracker. Both of them recalculated this morning. FF said I ovulated on day 16 (Tuesday) and P Tracker said I ovulated yesterday.

I'm not really sure if I trust the temperatures because I've been taking them at different times. 3am, 7am, depending on when I wake up. I'm also coming down with a cold so that could have caused my temperature to rise today.

I don't know much about temping but both of those are enough to affect temping results I think.

Sperm can live for up to 5 days so if you do it a day or so either side of ovulation, you are still in the running this month.

If I ovulated on Tuesday I think I might be ok since I had sex on Monday. Haven't had sex since then so if it was yesterday then this month is a right off.

Not necessarily - the fertility clinic recommends doing the deed once before and once after ovulation for optimum success when doing timed cycles. (I've got the proof of that success at home :))

So if you were up for it this evening after work, you are still in the fertile window. ;)

That's why there was panic stations :D He had just come in from work and he'll be gone before I get home. No chance of doing the deed today.

Can you 'forget your wallet' and nip home? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Myself and the husband got married in June. Came off The pill in June. I have PCOS and never had regular cycles. Could be 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 3 months, 5 months anything at all.

To my shock I have had a period every month since I came off the pill. 32 days, 34 days and 30 days. Nothing so far but delighted to be getting a period.

Got my positive ovulation test on CD 20 and now in the TWW.

Period due Wednesday. No positive so far. Feeling like period is on way. Currently 9 days past ovulation. It’s such a long wait.

Advertisement