Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Her mother is a living nightmare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

i have no intentions of moving out of my home just yet, i have the easiest life possible and a lovely family, she's the one with the issue at home, not me.

i probably sound selfish but if i was that selfish i could easily dump her, but that would not be fair on her,

But i can assure you now, many men my age wouldnt have that in their life, a GF with a **** of a ma and a 7 Year old daughter who is not his.
    Honestly do you love your girlfriend?
    Because the easiest solution in this case is for both of you to move in with each other.
    Everyone should end up happier as a result.

Yes a lot of men wouldn't go out with a single mother, but that doesn't mean your doing her a huge favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If you think that about her child then do everyone a favour and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

How often does your family offer to mind her daughter for her?I know she not yours, but she is a big part of your life and potentially your step-child.

They offer all the time but she wont stay with them as she "Will be bored" in her words

Honestly do you love your girlfriend?
    Because the easiest solution in this case is for both of you to move in with each other.
    Everyone should end up happier as a result.

Yes a lot of men wouldn't go out with a single mother, but that doesn't mean your doing her a huge favour.

We will be moving in Together next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

We will be moving in Together next year.

Then you'll be able to go out as many nights as you want ;)

I hope you work on bonding with her daughter before the big move

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I feel so sorry for the daughter :(

They offer all the time but she wont stay with them as she "Will be bored" in her words

She's 7. That's what they do man.

Jayop wrote: »
    If you think that about her child then do everyone a favour and walk away.

And that would completely destroy her.

Why would i walk away? Would that not just be the easy way out??

i look after her daughter for her.

Then you'll be able to go out as many nights as you want ;)

I hope you work on bonding with her daughter before the big move

100% will be bonding once we live Together , cant bond now as the ma does not let anyone in the house etc.

like i said, her ma has/is ruining everything

And that would completely destroy her.

Why would i walk away? Would that not just be the easy way out??

i look after her daughter for her.

If you strongly dislike the child then that's the person who needs to be put before both your happiness and your gf's.

• Advertisement

She's 7. That's what they do man.

Yes i know, so that means no nights out for us. well very rare

How many men would stick around in this situation?

If you strongly dislike the child then that's the person who needs to be put before both your happiness and your gf's.

not once did i say i disliked her daughter??

She screams the car down if her ma doesn't get her what she wants, we were in a Pizza place last week, her ma forgot the garlic sauce so she screamed the house down for an hour solid.

100% will be bonding once we live Together , cant bond now as the ma does not let anyone in the house etc.

Your partner shouldn't be living at home still, it's ridiculous that your blaming the mother.

I'm also curious- you mentioned that your partner was on the housing list, moving in together is going to effect her claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Who gives a crap how many men would "stick around". You either want to be with her or you don't, it's your choice but you can't act like a martyr if you CHOOSE to stay with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

You're tripping yourself up all over the place. You said you look after the daughter....then you can't bond as you can't get into the house, yet you get on well with the Mother.

Out of interest, and aside to your self confessed "easiest life possible", do you have a job ?

Your partner shouldn't be living at home still, it's ridiculous that your blaming the mother.

I'm also curious- you mentioned that your partner was on the housing list, moving in together is going to effect her claim

i have questioned her as to why she hasn't moved out but she only has a part time Job as she has the school run etc , she is very restricted, the childs father isn't around which didn't help either.

She should have went down the rent allowance route.

i have questioned her as to why she hasn't moved out but she only has a part time Job as she has the school run etc , she is very restricted, the childs father isn't around which didn't help either.

She should have went down the rent allowance route.

I'm guessing that's why her mother is mad at her, she's really not the victim you make her out to be

That's why I'm telling you to **** or get off the toilet.
    not once did i say i disliked her daughter??

She screams the car down if her ma doesn't get her what she wants, we were in a Pizza place last week, her ma forgot the garlic sauce so she screamed the house down for an hour solid.

You called her a spoiled brat and said you can't bond with her. It sounds very much like you don't like her.

Look I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I honestly just think you don't realise that a lot kids at that age are incredibly difficult. I have two myself, one was a dream child and everyone thought we were great parents, then the next one came along and he was a nightmare. He's 8 now and only starting to stop the epic tantrums.

If you don't see yourself long term in this relationship and able to be something of a parent for the kid then you should move on. If you do see that then you need to step up and get your gf and the child out of their horrible situation.

dodzy wrote: »
    You're tripping yourself up all over the place. You said you look after the daughter....then you can't bond as you can't get into the house, yest you get on well with the Mother.

Out of interest, and aside to your self confessed "easiest life possible", do you have a job ?

Theres a difference between bonding and getting along , i get along with the ma even though she's the way she is because i get on with everyone, i find it hard to not get on with people in general, I have been in the house about 6 times in the past 3 Years , and everytime her ma says something smart but i always let it blow over my shoulder as i know the way she is.

i have a Job myself, but like i said, i have no intention of moving out just yet, I told her we will look for a place in January.

That's why I'm telling you to **** or get off the toilet.

You called her a spoiled brat and said you can't bond with her. It sounds very much like you don't like her.

Look I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I honestly just think you don't realise that a lot kids at that age are incredibly difficult. I have two myself, one was a dream child and everyone thought we were great parents, then the next one came along and he was a nightmare. He's 8 now and only starting to stop the epic tantrums.

If you don't see yourself long term in this relationship and able to be something of a parent for the kid then you should move on. If you do see that then you need to step up and get your gf and the child out of their horrible situation.

i would love nothing more than being able to bond with her, but you don't know the half of it pal. She's getting worse as she gets older, giving her ma an awful time on a daily basis despite her doing everything for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Theres a difference between bonding and getting along , i get along with the ma even though she's the way she is because i get on with everyone, i find it hard to not get on with people in general, I have been in the house about 6 times in the past 3 Years , and everytime her ma says something smart but i always let it blow over my shoulder as i know the way she is.

i have a Job myself, but like i said, i have no intention of moving out just yet, I told her we will look for a place in January.

Ken the Troll.... I knew I copped your name from your other gobsh1te thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057571685

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

i would love nothing more than being able to bond with her, but you don't know the half of it pal. She's getting worse as she gets older, giving her ma an awful time on a daily basis despite her doing everything for her.

If she's living in a house where her mother is listening to that kind of verbal abuse is it any wonder she's like that? Seems like your girlfriend gets no real respect from anyone, kids will pick up on that. Look I feel sorry for the girl, I know what it's like to have a toxic mother. She won't change . Your girlfriend needs to get out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I think everyone in this situation could do with growing up. Apart from the Mam, who actually sounds like she could do with a break away from dealing with all this nonsense.

eviltwin wrote: »
    If she's living in a house where her mother is listening to that kind of verbal abuse is it any wonder she's like that? Seems like your girlfriend gets no real respect from anyone, kids will pick up on that. Look I feel sorry for the girl, I know what it's like to have a toxic mother. She won't change . Your girlfriend needs to get out of there.

That is the only solution alright.

you would be great fun at a party , but you wont see me at that party as we cant get a sitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A post like this is more likely to get you a warning than him. If you think he's trolling report it and let us deal with it.
    you would be great fun at a party , but you wont see me at that party as we cant get a sitter
    Similar to you - report posts rather than respond to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Even though I think you are an a$$hole you did make me laugh at this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

i have no intentions of moving out of my home just yet, i have the easiest life possible and a lovely family, she's the one with the issue at home, not me.

i probably sound selfish but if i was that selfish i could easily dump her, but that would not be fair on her,

But i can assure you now, many men my age wouldnt have that in their life, a GF with a **** of a ma and a 7 Year old daughter who is not his.

Wow you sound like such a keeper. Seriously though if you could 'easily dumb her' and think that she is lucky to even have you then I don't think her mother is her only problem. Sounds like the poor girl has a bitch for a mother and a ****head for a boyfriend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd walk and cut my losses if it was me. Better to do it now before you move in together, have a blazing row over the daughter, and you're saddled with all the rent and bills yourself, instead of splitting them with her.

• Advertisement

either i am not doing myself justice with how i am putting this issue out there or i am completely being misjudged here,

We will just have to ride this wave and wait for an opportunity to move out, I Love my GF dearly, i only came in here to find out the reason why her mother is so nasty but it has somewhat spiralled out of control , i hold my hand up and Say i do look like a complete A****** with the way i have put some things up , but i am not like that at all. Trust me

Close this thread please before i dig any deeper.

Advertisement